Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plus007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 33

BT Infinity in SL1 5AW

Hello

In my town - Slough we now have BT Infinity available, except the post-code SL1 5AW, my area is a New-Built development by Barratt Homes - Eton Green. I can see the Green-BT-Box just 100 meters from my house.

I can also search other post-codes in Slough on BT's website to find that they all have BT Infinity available.

Why did OpenReach leave our BT box not enabled for BT Infinity? We have 800 houses connected to this single box.

We all currently get less than 1 MB of speed using normal broadband.

Can someone please check with Openreach / BT as the "estimate" month of enabling SL1 5AW post-code to BT Infinity?

Thank You

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
saintalan
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 33

Re: BT Infinity in SL1 5AW

Check here

says its available in your PostCode, try your number in the checker.

I am in SL4 5EW and waiting.....

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 33

@plus007 wrote:

SL1 5AW post-code.......

Thank You

High 007

Just so you can confirm your watching the correct green BT box. 

SLOUGH SL1 5AW {THSL}{p104}

Original green (PCP) box far right in the pic will have the number on it, in your case 104.

Then nearby a Fibre cabinet (sometimes smaller than in pic) is installed which has cooling vents.

If it is powered up you can easily hear the fans running.

Infinity cab and PCP.jpg

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
plus007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 33

Thanks for the reply.

Just checked using my postcode and yes it states the FTTC is available, but when I use my telephone number it states the max speed I get is 1.5 MB and FTTC is not available. This is weird, how is it possible that my streets Postcode states yes to FTTC but the telephone number states FTTC is not available.

I checked your postcode SL4 5EW and it states FTTC is available in your postcode, but I guess when you put your telephone number the FTTC may not be available. Something is not right here 😞

Please OpenReach or BT can you check our SL1 5AW and SL1 5EW please? is FTTC On or Off in our streets?

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 33

The post code is only a rough check as there can be several cabs supplying a given post code. The phone number check is more accurate as that is linked to the actuel cab you connect to.

If it not available yet to your phone number it is not available to your cab.

It may well be later next year when the new schedules are released.

0 Ratings
saintalan
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 33

Hi

Yes that is possible, however in my case my number shows availabilty on 31 Dec 11, that may move of course.

There are lots of posts about this in great detail if you do a little reading of recent posts.

Good Luck

Alan

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 33

Hi plus007, unfortunatly a postcode check is not very accurate. A single postcode can be served by more than 1 cabinet. if so 1 cabinet could be enabled and 1 cabinet might not be. the only accurate check is the telephone number check.

Do you know which green street cabinet you are connected too. If so does it have a new green fibre cabinet in close proximity too it . If not then your local green street cabinet is not enabled for fibre.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Darren
Contributor
Message 8 of 33

saintalan
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 33

That link Darren gives a link to potential other providers.

A quick check shows a few of them have dropped their pricing to be more competetive with BT.

Time for a search on reliability!

Cheers

Alan

0 Ratings
sct123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 33

Hello

I also live on the same Barratts development in Slough, I spoke to an openreach engineer who was doing some work in my office last November about the delay as the exchange was supposed to be enabled September 2011, he got back to me and said that the delay was due to cabling works being held up by blockages in the conduits near the A4 junction near to the Farnham Road in Slough, he did go on to say that they were expecting a 6 to 8 week timeframe to complete the work, this was in mid November.

Also, some of the addresses./postcodes in Cippenham are connected to the Burnham exchange, those with an 01628 dialing code.

I did speak to Virgin, about 2 years ago, shortly after moving to this new build, as most of the roads that lead on to the new development have Virgin, they said that unless there is enough demand they won't be cabling the area.

Guess we just have to wait for BT/openreach to finish the cabling.

Good luck

0 Ratings