Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
robbinhoodduk
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

BT Infinity in Weymouth

For months BT have been advertising on their site that Infinity would be available in Weymouth from 30Th June 2012.

Naturally, I tried to upgrade today, but on checking the availability map I'm told we won't be getting it until DEC 31 2013!!!!

How come the big difference of 18 months & why did BT leave it until now to amend the date, they must have known for some time that it wasn't going to happen on schedule. According to BT, Portland next door already has Infinity. If anyone else was offering Infinity type speeds I would be in the process of changing suppliers right now.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Infinity in Weymouth

end of month dates are only placeholders not actual plans
0 Ratings
AlanP
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 19

Heya Bulitt,

Its simple.... Olympics will be over in a few weeks, then watch the date disappear into 2015! 

Last I was told was it was happening before the Olympics next time I was tolod after the Olympics... but to be fair 2015 is after the Olympics.

Plus gotta love BT's Marketing campaign, All of weymouth has BT infinity adverts everywhere wonder if anyone told them its been Unscheduled!

0 Ratings
ratbat37
Beginner
Message 4 of 19

There were alot of people awaiting this rollout on the 30th of June 2012 & yet again we are told this is an Olympic legacy. How can this be as we are not going to get Infinity untill the end of next year if we are lucky. Its amazing how the indicators changed from coming soon to future exchange. Yet again the people of Weymouth are being shafted by the Olympics, LOCOG & now BT. Im speechless.

0 Ratings
robbinhoodduk
Beginner
Message 5 of 19

In my opinion, in these circumstances "placeholder" is just a long word meaning "LIE"

They MUST have known for some time that they were not going to give us Infinity, yet they let the "Placeholder" stay in position right up until 1st July. That to my mind smacks of sharp practice. First the banks & now BT.

0 Ratings
digitalalien
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

I can understand dates slipping by a few weeks due to unforeseen circumstances, I can understand a slight delay due to inclement weather etc etc. What gets my back up is having a date posted for months of June 2012 and then at the end of the due date,  changing it to possibly end of 2013 or basically we will get round to it when we feel like it.

There's no accountability nobody to explain the reason, basically its typical of everything that is wrong with this country.

I have already contacted the Dorset Echo and am going to be contacting my MP and Euro MPs for all the good I expect it to do, but short of trying to jump up and down in front of any camera crew broadcasting the Olympic events in Weymouth with big banners  of Lying BT Scum I am not sure what else to do.

By the way I am aware that to do anything to disrupt the Olympics events would involve a fast track to criminal proceedings resulting most probably  with public beheading. Its so good to know where our priorities lie in this once great country.

0 Ratings
AlanP
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 19

Dear Mr Parsons

Thank you for your email

The only information Openreach can provide is on the fibre rollout site :-

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/

I appreciate your disappointment at this news. Unfortunately on a project of this nature there will be many factors that have to be taken into consideration that can give rise to sometimes substantive delays . These can include seemingly unrelated  events and work being undertaken by others in addition to works issues or embargoes at particular times (eg. during the holiday season etc).

Your Communications Provider (CP) is responsible for all aspects of your service including advising on the services they can supply at your address. Please register your interest with your Communications Provider so they can contact you at such time in the future as they have further information

Many thanks

Peter Dean 
Openreach Enquiries 
 contact.openreach@openreach.co.uk 

0 Ratings
pretzil
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

I think with two days before the planned roll out date to then delay it by at least 18 months is a bit harsh, surely by that time the infrastructure should be in place, testing done and just a case of switching it on. I wonder if BT would be so understanding and continue supplying my phone and internet if two days before my next bill I told them I can't pay them until at least the end of 2013. On the plus side, at least when the Olympics are over and Officiers Field is turned into social and affordable housing the residents will be able to enjoy super fast internet connections, which I probably wouldn't utilise as much due to the fact I go to work.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

lets be real did anybody actually believed that weymouth would get infinity by june 2012. Look outside the majority of houses still have the extremely old overhanging lines going into their houses does not look fibre optic to me. The legacy for the Olympics would be fibre optic internet but although Weymouth has always be named as hosting the olympic sailing in reality it is based on Portland and guess what they have fibre optic and BT infinity. I think we in Weymouth will be lucky to get this in December 2013

0 Ratings
digitalalien
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

To Quote Mr dean

Unfortunately on a project of this nature there will be many factors that have to be taken into consideration that can give rise to sometimes substantive delays . These can include seemingly unrelated  events and work being undertaken by others in addition to works issues or embargoes at particular times (eg. during the holiday season etc).

Just tell us the reasons, events, factors etc that have caused this delay, not just some blank general reply.  Why even publish dates and future plans if they are not worth the paper they are printed on.

I have contacted  my future MP  Mr Drax (I am moving to Weymouth shortly) and to say I was disgusted with the attitude of his secretary/assistant is an understatement.  I am sure she must have been employed either for her looks or family connection, it certainly was not for her brains.

I have contacted the Dorset Echo,  no reply.

I have contacted Councillor Kate Wheller- she wants to be kept informed !!!!!

Finally I have contacted Superfast Dorset.  Finally got a reply from Susi Calder.  On Thursday she said she would try and find out what was going on and would get back to me in the next couple of days.

We shall see.

0 Ratings