cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 13

BT Infinity install delays

Can someone tell me why BT has put such a long delay on bringing Infinity online? Our due date was 31st December which when the snow hit was put back to 3rd January. I can fully understand that, but the following day it was then put back to 31st March with out any explanation as to why such a long delay. We have watched the engineers laying the cables for several months now and having spoken to them we know that just prior to the snow everything was on target. So why the sudden change in dates? And dont say its the snow please as a few days of snow cannot be responsible for 3 months of delays on going live. BTW I live in Droitwich, Worcs if that helps.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Paul1360
Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Infinity install delays

Hi AW,

It all depends on who you ask and then you will not get a correct answer.

To date the reasons I've been given just make me laugh:-

No new DSLAM'S , No Cable , no staff, bad weather, contractors not doing their jobs , lack of power supply to new DSLAM. Exchange not being done till DEC 2011, Exchange not being done at all and the best being that I don't know what I'm talking about when I tried to explain that the cabs, cable, power supply et all are done.

So take your pick

cheers

Paul

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

The simple answer is that BT Retail have no control over activation dates as the install and commissioning of Infinity is controlled by BT Wholesale who will change dates add or remove exchanges for whatever reason they see fit
0 Ratings
WellGrumpy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

I bought myself out of my existing contract mid December as BT offered high speed internet on 31st December, now delayed to end of March. I did ask if this was guaranteed, 'No' was the quick reply. How can BT offer a package and the withdraw it and still say your contract is in force if they have not delivered on the offer? Ofcom, Office of Fair Trading, Advertising Standards any other suggestion?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

my one is delay also, I have a proof of the date installation on 31 march 2011 but now its changed to in July end of the month... apparently they can't afford it and they made a big excuses changing the date. So I do not think there will be a Bt Infinity....

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 13

My Infinity  Ready For Service date has been pushed back from March 2011 to July 2011.

A similar thread on DS http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1411896

PC

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
danstaunton
Message 7 of 13

Hi BT!

I have reported you to watchdog as I find this type of service horrendous.

Apparantely BT infinity is not available in my area, despite your website telling me it was. Thanks for telling after I completed the order!

When I phoned, you told me that your website sometimes does that! And that I would have to wait until BT infinity was available.  What a joke of a company you are.

Anyway I have cancelled my order and moved to SKY

PS; Your continous text messages telling me that my activation was delayed due to "essential engineering work" made me laugh! Stop lying to your customers please!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 13

@danstaunton wrote:

Hi BT!

I have reported you to watchdog as I find this type of service horrendous.

Apparantely BT infinity is not available in my area, despite your website telling me it was. Thanks for telling after I completed the order!

When I phoned, you told me that your website sometimes does that! And that I would have to wait until BT infinity was available.  What a joke of a company you are.

Anyway I have cancelled my order and moved to SKY

PS; Your continous text messages telling me that my activation was delayed due to "essential engineering work" made me laugh! Stop lying to your customers please!

I think you might have sent it to the wrong address then mate.

This is an customer to customer forum.

PS, to save me getting the paper out, can you tell me whats on SKY Sports 1 tonight at 8pmSmiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Orion
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Not a good start

My BT phone and infinity broadband was due to be installed on the 4th jan

Got a call today from BT saying they cannot install the phone line and broadband on the same day, and will phone on the 5th jan to arrange a new date for the broadband

God knows how long i will be without any internet now

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 13

@Orion wrote:

Not a good start

My BT phone and infinity broadband was due to be installed on the 4th jan

Got a call today from BT saying they cannot install the phone line and broadband on the same day, and will phone on the 5th jan to arrange a new date for the broadband

God knows how long i will be without any internet now

Hi Orion, welcome to the forums.

It happens to some dual installs( Phone/Broadband). but you should not be without BB for more than a week, with luck.

Gives you time to do all that decorating that you put offSmiley Wink

Enjoy your Christmas.

t7710.gif

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings