cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamieH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity installation

I currently have a bt hh3 with normal broadband and have upgraded to infinity, once I received the new hub is that all that needs to be done or does then engineer have to come round my house to fit something?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity installation

In most cases Infinity 1 is now a self install. If you needed an engineer visit you would have been notified when you order and were given your installation date.

0 Ratings
JamieH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I have ordered bt infinity 2 package with the 70+ mb per second. I know of an engineer needing to do something I just don't know of it's in the house or not
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

the engineer does not need to come to your home when upgrading to infinity.  it is basically plug and play.  you just replace your existing hub/router with the new HH5 and that when line is actively should connect without any further assistance

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
vreed
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

As above, I'm just about to move to Infinity. Question is can I utlise my existing grey Broadband connection and power cord from my old box into the new Hub 5, to save issues in moving furniture in getting to the BT socket?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

you can use the existing rj11 modem cable but you need to use the correct power supply for the HH5

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings