Re: BT Infinity issues again

Wired.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 22 of 61

Hi glenner40
Another one in the Forest with problems, daytime speeds a great 74Mbps, come 9pm speed drops to sometimes as low as 6!

Three conversations with some guys half way round the world and I am assured that the connection to my router is 74Mbps and the fault must be the router, cables, or my PC.

Strange my neighbours pc and cables have the same fault.

It seems as far as BT is concerned the only fault is that the lowly customers want the service they are paying for.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 61

Wow - Just hit a new low... 2mb down, 17mb up. Unbelievable. I've given BT a month from when I raised my fault else I will be leaving. Getting way beyond a joke now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 61

If I didn't have 9 months left to run I'd be gone like a shot, it a joke to be trapped in a contract when your not getting what you've paid for.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 61

According to that graph, it looks like single-thread throttling is being applied to manage bandwidth.

I think this would happen in the event of backhaul becoming congested for example to allow everyone some bandwidth.

I'm sure whatever is causing the congestion will eventually be resolved.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 26 of 61

Cheers Ray, let's hope so
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 27 of 61

BT now looking into the case for me. Confirmed there is a fault with the network and escalated to the network team. Awaiting a phone call within hopefully the next 48hrs
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 28 of 61

Hey, i am a plusnet customer on Ruabon exhange ( live about 8 miles from wrexham) having the exact same issues as you guys and come over to these forums to see if their was many threads about it.

This is my plusnet thread so you can see we are having the same issue

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134900.0.html

also another one not by me

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135389.0.html

Hope this gets resolved soon 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 29 of 61

BT have been monitoring the line for 48hrs, called today to say no problems found. Will be calling me Thursday to arrange a Boost Engineer Visit, hopefully for the weekend. Problems still happening every evening, can be as low as 2mb.

BT Wholesale Test Jan 13th 20:00

Jan 13th 2000.JPG

Home Hub 5 Stats Jan 13th 20:00

HH5 Jan 13th 2000.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 61

Update from me - the same BT engineer came out again on Saturday at lunchtime (even though I was told it would be a wholesale network engineer and he wouldnt need to come out - just call me after 6pm to check the speed) - he said he was unsure why he'd been sent out again as he put on the notes last night it was likely a congestion issue...

Had a call from BT today to tell me the issue should be fixed - however still only getting 14mb download when synced up at 52mb. They are calling me back tomorrow morning (thurs) to check if the problem is fixed. 

I wonder how much longer this can go on for....

0 Ratings