cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 61

BT Infinity issues again

Here we go again, after spending all of March, April and May with this same problem it has decided to come back with a vengeance over the last week or so. Normal speeds in the day, pathetic speeds after 6pm - getting slower as the evening goes on. Lucky if I get 4-5mb by 9pm and really high pings. Last time I had 4-5 engineer visits and 3 replacement HH5's but eventually the problem just "magically" resolved itself. Funnily enough several other people also in the Forest of Dean area had there problem "magically" resolved at the exact same time as mine. Have absolutely no faith at all that this will get resolved any time soon. I just wish I'd listened to my better judgement about signing up to an 18 month contract.

0 Ratings
60 REPLIES 60
Highlighted
Message 2 of 61

Re: BT Infinity issues again

Hi glenner40,

Thanks for posting. The symptoms you’re describing sound more like exchange congestion than the DNS issue thread you posted (BT Infinity issues for the last few days ) on so I’ve moved your post. I’ll be happy to look into this for you. I’ll need a few details. Can you run the speed test when the connection is running slowly (wired via one computer only for best results) and post the details. Once you’ve done that drop me an email with your details. You’ll get the ‘contact us’ link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 61

Thanks David, Screenshots as requested, aside from these evening congestion problems my sync speed has also been lowered alot from what it was just a couple of months back, I notice the BT checker now also lists my expected speed for my phone number to be alot lower than when I signed up in Feb:-

3rd Jan 20:50

3rd Jan 2050.JPG

3rd Jan 20:55

3rd jan 2055.JPG

5th Jan 19:45

5th jan 1945.jpg

HH5 Jan 5th.JPG

Below Picture shows Home Hub 5 Stats taken in July 2014 when working correctly

HH5 July.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 61

can you please post the result of the further diagnostic section of the BT speedtest
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 61

Hi John, never been able to do the further diagnostics. Comes up not available to perform at this time, or something similar. This is not a new thing, been the same since I got fibre 12 months ago.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 61

unfortunately without that test we cannot see your IP Profile
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 61

We don't need to as we have the sync speeds.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 61

Hiya. Not trying to hijack your thread but just adding that I (and a nearby mate) have EXACTLY the same issues (on a local Wrexham exchange)

My connected speed reported by the router is 53meg, and I get just that in the quieter hours...but as the day wears on a bit, the speed can drop into single figures with the evenings giving 4-5meg!

The progress on reporting the issue is painfully slow.

Was previously with TT for several yrs with almost zero probs, not happy!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 61

Wrexham is 100 miles from the Forest of Dean.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 61

Hi David, can't see any contact us link in your sig. Any ideas?
0 Ratings