cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 31 of 61

Re: BT Infinity issues again

Have been refused a Saturday appointment as there none available. Have refused to take a 4th day off work in under a year for a BT enginner to visit so have been forced to wait till next Thursday in the hope of getting a saturday appointment. I have had enough.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 32 of 61

I would like to add that Matthew who has been dealing with this for me has been fantastic. Its BT and the service they fail to provide I have a problem with not the help and support I have been getting from Matthew.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 61

Hi Glenenr40  - just wondered if you had any news on your connection speed in the evening? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 34 of 61

Stil no change, still awaiting visit.

Speed test as of 5 minutes ago.

Jan 19th 1945.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 35 of 61

Engineer visited today. No problems found. Engineer said it was 100% a congestion problem and that it's happening everywhere. He was going to check exchange a make some calls to see if they would tell him if the exchange is listed as being over capacity but he said they wouldn't tell him and they never admit it because then people have hard evidence to make a complaint. He told me all I can do is keep calling and complaining. Atleast some honesty I suppose.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 61

I've basically had the same story after being messed around by BT tech support. I think its time to move to a LLU supplier - BT has had a month and cant even tell me what the problem is, let alone when it may be fixed. One guy at the BT "priority care" told me that at least I still had a service....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 37 of 61

There has been an issue raised by other ISPs in the South West affecting parts of Bristol/Gloucester/South Wales. Not sure if it's related to you specifically, but it might be. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 61

I did see this - https://aastatus.net/2076 which may be what you are talking about.

I think I'm just frustrated with the lack of information from BT - and I seem to be bounced back and forward, and then they come up with the same "We want to send someone back out to your property to check your line" - I just seem to be going round in circles whilst they increase my prices...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 39 of 61

It's the standard practice unfortunately - end user reports a problem, engineer is sent (even when it's not necessary).

When you get multiple users reporting the same problem in the same geographical location, then it's fairly clear there's an external problem.

A&A have quite a few open cases at the moment for that part of the country. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 40 of 61

Funny you mention this as the same friends who shared my evening congestion problem when I had it the first time around April/may/June 2014, have all contacted me during the last week to ask me how my connection is as they've all been getting problems lately too. One of them on my exchange and the other 2 in same area code.
0 Ratings