Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
19nbg71
Expert
Message 221 of 712

Re: BT Infinity issues for the last few days

@sjonez wrote:

That's because it has nothing to do with DNS. You can recreate the problem by connecting directly to an IP address, completely bypassing DNS.

On the dns issue post, a mod directed a link to here,while it may not be the tip of the problem but may be under the same umbrella so to speak.

0 Ratings
MrBelter
Expert
Message 222 of 712

Problems with web pages are the least of the worries, are BT actually reading what problems people are having?
0 Ratings
sambarr
Contributor
Message 223 of 712

Hello,

While the status page does mention just webpages I do think it is indeed all one and the same as you said ratty9000. I guess we need to wait for them to investigate and report back and see where it goes from there.

Regards,
Sam
0 Ratings
Andyrat
Beginner
Message 224 of 712

Kudos for posting OlgaC but this is now the fifth day of disruption - that all the contact centre staff all the posters, and god knows how many other folk, have been saying isnt happening. 

I am well beyond being satisfied with "bear with us", what is the problem and when is it going to be fixed? How are the customers of BT going to be compensated? People on here are wonderfully polite and patient but I suspect given the chance to give BT a rating out 10 for response and customer care there would be many many zeros and ones. 

Definitely not good enough. A relaible BB connection isnt a luxury anymore, first world problem i know, I work from home, my children have to use online learning resources for school, my wifes work rota is only online, so being treated like we are all, essentially, stupid by the support line isnt acceptable.

So what is it, when will it be fixed, what are BT going to do to make it right with their customers?

ianm1309
Contributor
Message 225 of 712

We seem to have some progess.

The Service Status page at last has an entry mentioning intermittent loading of webpages (resolution time 1400). On the subject of other network-connected devices, the BT TV section of Service Status also has a similar message (resolution time not specified).

I assume/hope that BT were already on to this anyway in the background. If so, they could have saved a lot of frustration on our part by saying so; if not, what kind of network monitoring do they actually do?!

0 Ratings
gaz0r
Contributor
Message 226 of 712

yep that's what I got told on the phone!

0 Ratings
geoffb77
Beginner
Message 227 of 712

Same issues here in West London. Has been for a week now. Using HH5.

Tried multiple devices and multiple browsers. Also tried on 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ connections. but still the same sticking issue with any basic web pages not loading unless i refresh constantly. No real problem with streaming or speedtest.

Not good when you rely on being able to view basic web pages for work!

Great respect to anyone who actually put up with calling "customer service". Sadly from past experiences i simply would not have the patience!

Highlighted
vwlowen
Contributor
Message 228 of 712

At the end of the day, nearly all ISPs use the same OR infrastructure so the only thing separating one from another is their customer support.  

I hope the BT MAC-generating machine is well-oiled and fully functional.  

0 Ratings
Resonance
Contributor
Message 229 of 712

@ianm1309 wrote:

We seem to have some progess.

The Service Status page at last has an entry mentioning intermittent loading of webpages (resolution time 1400). On the subject of other network-connected devices, the BT TV section of Service Status also has a similar message (resolution time not specified).

I assume/hope that BT were already on to this anyway in the background. If so, they could have saved a lot of frustration on our part by saying so; if not, what kind of network monitoring do they actually do?!

Yes, it's not really good enough. The status page should have had this problem listed if they knew about it, which it appears they did if they've been working on it. It's bad business all round really. It annoys their customers and also causes an increase in calls to customer service, because according to the status page there was nothing wrong.

Also if they know there's a problem, why the hell aren't they briefing their customer service staff about it??

0 Ratings
kevin670
Beginner
Message 230 of 712

Totally agree that BT should be more open. It's not just the frustration of dealing with misleading advice from their CS staff that's the problem, Apple CS thought it might be a hardware issue and that my Macbook needed to go in for servicing ! 

The last few days raises a much bigger question going forward. Homes and lives will become increasingly reliant on Wifi/online services, so when these fail it's no longer a simple matter of inconvenience. BT and the Govenment/regulators need to recognise that online services are now (or will soon be) an essential service - like water and electricity.

0 Ratings