cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 641 of 712

Re: BT Infinity issues for the last few days

Thanks for the offer of help Ray, Level 2 support contacted me yesterday to confirm what I was saying and have now passed it to open reach to look for any issues at th exchange, hopefully good news soon, however with so many people having the same issue I have to think that this issue is outwith the exchange as well
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 642 of 712

this is whats so infuriating. Its all getting passed off as individual problems and they then say they have fixed it or obviously never find anything. Its a network issue and support dont even aeem aware of it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 643 of 712

I know I know! I am in the North West of UK and up to mid November I had speeds quite acceptable of d/l 35 and u/l 9. But during all December - virtually on an exponentially deteriorating basis - I am now getting speeds worse than when I was on ordinary adsl years ago.

I have posted elsewhere that Infinity for many people is becoming a very expensive joke that fails to deliver. And the offshore so-called help lines merely mouth generalities and seem incapable of addressing the many problems.

So many disgruntled customers would as you imply have far more power if they could join up together rather than posting individually.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 644 of 712

Problem does seem to have resurfaced these last few days... All being well, I port out on Monday so can just about cope.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 645 of 712

When i got infinity earlier 2014, i had the maximum speeds as the exchange was pretty much at the end of my block, today i was trying to watch a youtube video and it kept buffering, so i did a speed check and i am getting only 2.35  Mb/s download and 16.60  Mb/s upload, this is absolutely ridiculous for the amount i am paying for this! Get it sorted BT, i'm having a hard enough time trying to convince my other half not to switch us to sky 😕

EDIT: having read through all of this i think a call to watchdog/bbc news is on the cards.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 646 of 712

I'm North wales area and tonight I'm getting 12.5mbps down and 12.43 up. This is meant to be superfast Infinity 2! I had faster down on my old adsl connection. HH5 connected at 14065 / 63217.  Has been the same every afternoon and evening.

Defo something wrong somewhere... 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 647 of 712

I should have said - i am in Fife, Scotland

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 648 of 712

Retired in the Forest of Dean. Used to zip along at 70-75Mbps 24/7 now it's fine during the day but starts slowing in the evening to sub 6Mbps by 9 pm.

I'm paying for a service (more than i was told by the salesperson) that is less reliable than my old free ee acount.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 649 of 712

It's been a week since I posted my message, no change in the service - managed to hit 2mb a couple of times these past few days. I've had to use 4G on my phone for finding stuff urgently! 

I'm on a 01865 Number for Oxford Exchange but unfortunately it's not appearing on the BT's Service Status Page.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 650 of 712

Still bad here. Sporadic, erratic and random. I can't be bothered to describe it anymore lol. Groundhog day syndrome has hit me.

Sunderland, North East. Nesu exchange. 01915 dialing code area. Blah blah blah blah....

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings