cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 631 of 712

Re: BT Infinity issues for the last few days

Ive just moved house and they wanted a new deal for line rental anyways so.......God I wish I hadnt.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 632 of 712

I just wanted to add -

For me its still random / erratic on my laptop. Hanging web pages, slow loading, buffering, content not displaying correctly, still need to refresh from time to time and DNS errors again.

Mobile - Same as laptop more or less.

Gaming rig - Same as laptop.

PS3 - Still random stuttering in different games. Its not lag, its like a jitter or some packet issue of sorts. Voip aka chat audio from friends gets cut off periodically or the video stutters too. Again I ask if anyone experiences these issues. They dont, most of my friends are on SKY, Virgin or Plusnet.

Speed test dont seem to spiking like they were doing before, they seem ok. But how random it is with BT right now. I wont be surprised if I started getting dial up speeds 24/7. 😄

Its like groundhog day on here lol. 

Mark.

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 633 of 712

I can't agree more with recent comments, this has to be known issue that BT aren't letting on about and it feels like a capacity issue to me as well. Kit can become faulty but not now and again, I get normal speed during the day which is about 28mb for me and 2mb in the evening. This only happened in the last month and it was noticeable immediately so either something has been changed or they're overscribing more than they have capacity for.

I've logged two calls with support now (the first was logged without resolution), but I refused to go through the same approach as before yesterday and asked that the call was escalated instead. We'll see how this goes. There's too many people raising the same issue for this to be something in people's homes. Keep logging calls, the forum isn't enough as BT don't have to resolve issues put on here
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 634 of 712

Can you post your line stats from the HH5 please? These are in Troubleshooting/Helpdesk on the web interface at http://192.168.1.254

Lines 1-13 will be enough

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 635 of 712

Its the same here, there's clearly still an underlying issue which is very intermittent now but is obvious whenever streaming video.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 636 of 712

My phone line has now gone dead. I have an engineer coming to my house tomorrow, so hopefully he/she can sort this out. Ridiculous to think that one must pay for a connection that is erratic at best.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 637 of 712

I think I've got the same problems, only facebook and forums working. I'm not a super geek.

2x android phones, 3 windows 7 computers, 1 hard wired 2 wireless all with the same issue.

But get this, and I've not seen it posted anywhere in this thread.

Make your device forget your router, login to the hotspot your router emits with btopenzone wifi, tada, at least for me the whole internet works again. WTF is going on???!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 638 of 712

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and by the looks of it I'm not the only one thats been having issues over the last couple of weeks with extreme lack of bandwith in the evenings.

For some reason I came back to BT, seduced by the estimated speed they promised me,,, 79 meg they said! then they set my config at 61 from the start,, hmmm,  ok, I thought,, it will improve over time..  Nope!  now I'm lucky to get 6meg in the evenings.. I'm getting alright speeds in the day upto lunch time,, then downhill it goes till about 1 in the morning.  Homehub is telling me I'm connected at 62meg, yeah yeah! It's will be telling me Bt care next!

Yes, I understand a small amount of it could be congestion,, But not this much.

Also been having a lot of problems with Parental controls blocking sites, which is strange as parental has NOT even been activated! It sorts itself out, but this has been intermittent about the same time of the speed problems.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 639 of 712

I think your profile is set automatically as 96.8% of your sync speed. "They" didn't do it.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 640 of 712

I'm sorry to sound rude but anything is possible with BT right now.

The Home Hubs could be transformers in disguise who truly knows. I agree with the fella its something they did and they did wrong. Unless we are all experiencing mass hysteria and are imagining strange occurrences with performance, events, odd things etc.

Maybe we are....Smiley Tongue

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings