cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 651 of 712

Re: BT Infinity issues for the last few days

No problems here last couple of days but I've had the same issues with evening drop offs - packet loss and general ureliabilty before.

MODS - What do you think is going on !!

Can the BT Customers get some technical response from you? Do you even have access information that might let us know whats going on, and if not who should we contact. since front line Indian support at this point would still be trying to explain to the user from their script that it was likely a user networking problem or getting us to reboot the HH or Modem again.

Similarly we cant blame the HH or OR routers because it shouldnt be time dependant.

Surely so many people STILL having similar issues can't be tracked back to one faulty card (that was replaced) << that was the initial BT excuse er sorry 'fault rectification' , but people are still reporting similar issues - and if as I and others had suggested you put all the similar posts in one thread this would be a larger ONGOING issue within these forums.

My personal opinion remains that there is insufficient routing capacity at the BT distribution core and that this is only going to get worse. There is no networking situation where time of day plays an important factor (ok if you are hitting US or Asian servers for streaming there can be issues but BT are BIG BOYS and should have adequate peering and capacity) for ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS (and kids)...

Would be nice to hear from a MOD on this thread please.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 652 of 712

Marikara, I'm in fife too there's one coincidence

Couldn't agree with you more blinkinlight, some honesty from BT here would help us here. I suppose an admission of insufficient capacity would be a major embarrassment to BT so they're not going to admit to that. The biggest BB provider In the UK unable to provide super fast BB, not a good selling promotion.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 653 of 712

No one is  interested and the total radio silence from mods AND BT suggests they are as in the dark as we are. I build a lot of computers for people and their friends and family and have been telling anyone that will listen to stay clear of these rip off artists. I tried to phone them again today and was called a liar for the 3rd time. Rude and offensive phone operatives and p##s poor BB.......why would anyone consider them anymore?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 654 of 712

Just to add that I've been getting this quite bad the past couple of days.  Webpages timing out, pages loading without images, etc.  Definitely something up in BT's network.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 655 of 712

Perhaps all the people complaining are hogging all the bandwidth 😄

Where's my PJ's it must be bedtime.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 656 of 712

Hi BT - due to lack of response on here, the way BT frontline services are in denial of this problem and are being rude to complaining customers I've sent this link to BBC's watchdog.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 657 of 712

having page loading problems on some sites this morning.. tick tock goes the bt contract clock!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 658 of 712

My issues with this only happened when the BT spokesperson suggested there was a problem, my connection in South Yorkshire has been fine since, no page errors or streaming issues. What ever was fixed has sorted the issue for me, not sure if it is the same for everyone else around me here but my routing seems fine now. Maybe there are more dodgy cards out there?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 659 of 712

I have also been experiencing random connection glitches for the last few days.  For me at least, I am certain that it's a DNS server issue.  The problem disappears when I switch to Google's 8.8.8.8 server and returns when I use BT's.

On the first day I noticed the problem, I was surprised to see a webpage (an innocent one, I might add) overlayed with a BT Parental Filtering preferences screen.  I'd never seen that happen before.  Coincidence, or are the DNS outages related to a new filtering or other surveillance system?  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 660 of 712

^^Same^^

After going back to BT DNS today I noticed some DNS errors, thought I would give it a try. Worth switching to google DNS for anyone having issues, might help a bit.
0 Ratings