cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_N
Beginner
Message 691 of 712

Re: BT Infinity issues for the last few days

Thanks for the comments. The core problem is an intermittent lack of internet connectivity, especially in the evenings. Slower speeds than what I'm used to are of course disappointing, but reliability is more important.

I'm getting response from BT customer care so let's see what happens.

ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 692 of 712

If they fail to help, start your own thread here and post the diagostics for advice.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 693 of 712

It appears to me that this thread has now just become a thread that people post on if they have a problem with their connection regardless of how the problem manifests its self.

It started of as possible DNS problems but now includes congestion problems, connection problems, wireless problems and speed problems.

It has in my opinion lost its way and you now can not see the wheat for the chaff and as a result posters who could be getting individual help are not.

Before posting on this thread posters should decide if this is the correct thread to be on or should they start their own thread.
0 Ratings
Dan_N
Beginner
Message 694 of 712

"Before posting on this thread posters should decide if this is the correct thread to be on or should they start their own thread."

I suspect a lot of people have had "BT Infinity issues for the last few days" and see this - like I did - as a sensible thread to contribute to. 

ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 695 of 712

always better to start your own thread
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 696 of 712

@Dan_N wrote:

I suspect a lot of people have had "BT Infinity issues for the last few days" and see this - like I did - as a sensible thread to contribute to. 

I suspect you are right. Out of interest did you read all the thread to decide if it was relating to your problem before posting on it, or did you post purely because of the thread heading?

0 Ratings
Westyfield2
Contributor
Message 697 of 712

DNS issues are definitely still not fixed.

Just grabbed the iPad and tried to load one of our websites as a test.  Loading fails with a Safari error.  I know that the web server is running fine (I could even tell you exactly which Tier 3+ Data Centre facility it is in!)

Opened up the Network Settings on the iPad and changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 (Google).  Hit refresh in Safari and bingo, there's our website.

0 Ratings
Dan_N
Beginner
Message 698 of 712

Coming from forums where contributors normally complain if new threads are started where one already exists for the same topic, I tried to find an appropriate thread based on mainly the title. I did read some of it but certainly not all 70 pages.
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 699 of 712

Two things about new threads - you can optionally get an email when someone posts and you get to solve the thread when the problem is fixed, which is potentially very useful.

I bet the OP loves getting an email every time someone posts though.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 700 of 712

I tried google DNS same as the fella above on my laptop, gaming rig and PS3 it has made a difference but I'm not the most technical minded lol. I'm going to test my gaming rig and PS3 for a few days on google DNS to see if it makes a difference in the long run. As I still get that noticeable stuttering, not lag but almost like a jitter issue because my ping is always good if that makes sense.

I just hope BT do sort it out. I do think other issues that have cropped up too like evening speed, congestion etc are still somewhat relevant. I noticed all these over time occurring - Unless its pure coincidence. 😉

*As a side note whilst playing Destiny I was on a constant "poor" connection whilst my friends from different isps were on a "good" connection on Destiny. I did a speed test my download speeds tested at around 8pm - Dowload spiking again only at peak times between 25-28Mbps usually 37 during the day. Ping was 15ms and upload 7.1Mbps. I'm certain the instability and erratic behaviour in BT is causing issues for me. I hope google DNS saves me!

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings