cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LH
Message 1 of 3

BT Infinity: never again

Since 'upgrading' to BT Infinity in September I've had nothing but problems with my BT supply, whether some is a coincidence or not I don't know. The recurring problem is not being able to get a wireless connection. Sometimes I can, but mostly I get a message saying the wireless connection can't be set up because the wireless key is incorrect, even though it is correct. I had an engineer reset the profile and it worked for 24 hours. Since then I have had to put in the CD, connect to the ethernet and reinstall, which sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Today I've tried this and every other form of help I can find on the wesbite and it refuses to connect.

To cap it all the line to the house came down earlier this month and took four days to repair, so no phone calls and the day they were repairing it the broadband was on and off all day. Two weeks later and the line has been down again since the weekend and it's Wednesday now and they can't promise to fix it until tomorrow and threatening to charge £130.

BT charges a premium rate, but it's far from being a premium service and they don't even offer compensation when you have the line down nor for the all the time I've been sitting in waiting for engineers, on the phone getting faults fixed and having to pay premium mobile rates becuase I can't use my landline. [As I've been writing this the engineer turned up, no appointment, but needed access to the house, good job I was in and at least I have a phone again].

But BT I am VERY disgruntled and if you don't get your act together quickly I'll be moving to another supplier and if you think I will pay to the end of my contract when you're not delivering, think again, a contract is only a contract if you 'perform' it (which I believe is the legal term) and the only performance I'm getting at the moment is a badly acted pantomime..

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Hodman
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Infinity: never again

As least you managed to get it installed.

I ordered it, got an install date, took a day off and waited .... and waited ..... and waited .... all day, only to be told it had been cancelled because of a problem with the account.

I refused to take another day off for a rescheduled install and cancelled the whole thing.

I've signed up with BE Boadband and looking forward activation this coming Saturday.

Fingers crossed ....

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Infinity: never again

@LH wrote:

Since 'upgrading' to BT Infinity in September I've had nothing but problems with my BT supply, whether some is a coincidence or not I don't know. The recurring problem is not being able to get a wireless connection. Sometimes I can, but mostly I get a message saying the wireless connection can't be set up Since then I have had to put in the CD, connect to the ethernet and reinstall, which sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.....

Hi and welcome

I had terrible problems with one of my PC's I'd turn it on and then it wouldn't connect... came up with there is a problem and did I want to fix it???? Of course!!!! I always shouted and then selected the picture of which router etc and away it would go and a minute or so later it connected. Sometimes had to re-enter the wireless key.

My other equipment did not have this problem, so had a think of what the difference was...

That machine was the only one I had installed the BT software on, so I uninstalled it and never had a problem since.

I am not promising that will be the problem but as the software isn't needed I would try uninstalling it and see.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings