cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katie65
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity no connection

Our BT infinity was supposed to be activated by midnight on the 21/06/2016, the HUB was connected correctly and the broadband light is flashing red denoting a connection problem, (the phone line is working) this has been logged as a fault and an engineer was supposed to be visiting our property on Friday 24/06/2016, unfortunatley the engineer did not arrive and the problem has been logged as being solved, however we still do not have broadband and have just been sent a bill for the installation of a working package.

The telephone socket in the house is an old style BT not a NTE5, also it would appear that the BT socket is wired from an old style GPO junction box.

We have called the help line without to much success, they are now sending out a new HUB as they seem to think the HUB posted to us on Friday 17/06/2016 is faulty, however nobody has actually tested the BT side of the cabling inside our property.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity no connection

have you a dial tone when using the phone
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 5

Hi @katie65

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having connecting to your broadband and that the engineer did not arrive on Friday.  I see that you have mentioned that your phone line is working ok so can you run through this and post back to let me know how you get on? - Fix BT Broadband Problems

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
katie65
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

I have logged onto my BT and cannot get past the troubleshooter page, the telephone number is correct however when this tab is confirmed nothing else seems to happen, i.e. no diagnostics or results and I have left it for 10 minutes.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

are you using a mobile if the hub is not connecting to post on forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings