Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jellybaby
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT Infinity on Bromsgrove Exchange

Tried with the online chat:

We are now routing you to one of our chat team...

You are now connected with Melanie

Melanie: Welcome to BT, the most complete broadband provider. My name is Melanie.

Melanie: How may I assist you with your order today?

Matt: Hi, the date for BT Infinity to be available on my line keeps slipping. Went from 30 Sept 10, to 31 Dec 10, to 30 March 11, to 30 June 11 and now 30 Sept 11. Each time two weeks prior to the supposed ready date. Is this really accurate?

Melanie: I'm afraid I couldn't know Matt - there could have been problems installing in your area, but I only have access to the same dates as you see.

Matt: Ok. Do you have a contact that may be able to help further?

Melanie: 0800 783 0968

Matt: Thanks, who would I speak to there?

Melanie: That is our sales team, sometimes they have more up to date information.

Matt: Thanks. I'll try them.

Then called the number 0800 783 0968:

Matt: Hi, i'm having a problem... Delayed BT inifinity...

BT: Sorry we can't help you, you need to speak to 0800 800 150.

Matt: Who are they?

BT: They're BT.

Matt: Who are you?

BT: Click....

Then called the number 0800 800 150, then many options...:

Matt: Hi, i'm having a problem... Delayed BT inifinity...

BT: Don't know what's happening. BT Openreach and BT Wholesale look after this and they're run as seperate companies.

Matt: Do you have a contact?

BT: No they don't deal with people, no contact with consumers.

Matt: They're really no way of finding out?

BT: No, they only deal with companies.

Matt: So, it may keep slipping forever?

BT: I couldn't tell you...

Matt: Thanks for the help.

BT: Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...

Arghhhhh!!!! Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Jellybaby
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Quick update. Just spotted that the deployment has slipped to 31 December 2011.
BT lie.
There is no way that you can incorrectly state the date this many times and only slip it two weeks before. Their government subsidy turns out is linked to the deployment roadmap, not the completion.
0 Ratings
Jellybaby
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

Checked last night and it said that i'm able to order BT Infinity! Predicted 25.4 down / 10 up.

Ordered Infinity with the Unlimited option this morning, and cancelled the BE subscription. BE have been really quick with the email to return the modem, less quick with the MAC number...

I'll post to let people know hoe the installation goes!

0 Ratings
Jellybaby
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Quick update.

Yesterday:

Bethere provided a MAC code, which igave to BT. BT accepted, and said that they would arrange an appointment that afternoon.

Phoned back at 1pm and BT cannot arrange an appointment as there is an "incompatible product" on the line. I enquired to the product and they have no details, advising that only BE could find out through BT Wholesale. I asked what to do if BE did not know either and they suggested OFCOM. (LOL)

Phoned Bethere, they state that BT Wholesale there is a normal line, and only ADSL2+ service is on the line (Bethere service). Very helpful service, and they checked with there provisioning team nd the BT Wholesale database. It was decided that they had to clear the ADSL2+ service before BT could go ahead.

Phoned back BT and they said that all is cleared. They made the installation appointment for the the morning of Wednesday 23rd November, and have arranged for delivery of the modem and hub.

Phoned back BE to see if they'd cleared the line, and guess what... They'd not removed the equipment from the line! Given that the appointment is made and all is ok they not won't be removing the service! Almost had a 7 day blackspot there!

0 Ratings
Jellybaby
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Final update regarding installation.

BT Home Hub 3 arrived Monday, as promised.

A fantastic BT engineer (ex Royal Signals) phoned at 0802 this morning, letting m know the he had sorted it in the exchange, and would be swapping in the cabinet in 15 minutes. The line dropped at 0820, and he was at the house at 0830. He swapped the master socket, tested the connection and connected the VDSL modem.

I plugged it into my existing Draytek Vigor 2820 on the Ethernet WAN port, having altered the config during the blackspot, and the internet was up. [Anyone want to buy a HH3?]

At the moment, one hour in I have 37.4 down and 7.2 up (speedtest.net), but I'll expect this to change over the first 10 days... Lets see what it settles to!

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 16 of 17

Well done! You got there at last.

Don't forget to leave you modem turned on 24/7 and hammer the net as much as possible over the 10 days.

0 Ratings
Jellybaby
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Final update! Now had the service almost a month, still getting 35 Mbps on the download / 10 Mbps on the upload. Speeds are great, apart from torrents which are obviously "shaped" (read massively limited!). Good luck with your installations...
0 Ratings