cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 11

BT Infinity on my cabinet

Hi,

I've been told by one of my neighbours that we will never get fibre broadband as our cabinet has been removed from the upgrade plans?? Our postcode is NE22 5HE, how can I check if this is the correct info?

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Infinity on my cabinet

Hi and welcome to the forum, just checked your postcode and yes it has either been removed or deferred from deployment 😞 although this is based on a spreadsheet 6 months out of date.

Things could have changed by then, especially since it might have been deferred.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Hello,

I have been informed by enginners working on a new FTTC cabinet directly next to my original green cabinet, they have told me that they have been installing BT Infinity. I know that i am connected to this cabinet and it it part of phase 8a, other surrounding area have had their cabinet go live a few days ago but mine hasn't. Several websites such as Samknows are showing that FTTC is available at my address, but the BT fibre checker suggests otherwise. Is this just because the website hasn't updated correctly? Please help.

Postcode = NN4 0NG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 11

samknowes only shows if your exchange is enabled for fibre not your address

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 5 of 11

@lshmcon wrote:

Hello,

I have been informed by enginners working on a new FTTC cabinet directly next to my original green cabinet, they have told me that they have been installing BT Infinity. I know that i am connected to this cabinet and it it part of phase 8a, other surrounding area have had their cabinet go live a few days ago but mine hasn't. Several websites such as Samknows are showing that FTTC is available at my address, but the BT fibre checker suggests otherwise. Is this just because the website hasn't updated correctly? Please help.

Postcode = NN4 0NG

Hi, i've just checked and the rollout phase for your area is due to be upgraded between now and September. The best thing to do is keep an eye on the Infinity checker here: www.bt.com/infinity

That will have the most recent and up to date information.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Post code : NE22 6DJ

Other parts of the NE22 postcode in the same area have already been fibre'd, would you be able to let me know of/when my local cabinet is to be done ?

Are they doing the 'long' runs of fibre first, as I live relatively closer to the exchange than my parents (NE22 5AH) and they are fibre enabled already

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

If you're close enough to the exchange you might not be served from a cabinet.

The best advice I can give is to you is keep checking the BT Wholesale availability checker.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

My post code is NE27 0EY
I have a 2 cabinets in my estate which have it and one of which is only 100 meters away (300 following the road)
a house I used to live in has the post code NE27 0EF which has bt infinity 2 enabled at it.
I cant locate my cabinet which I am connected to since I must be connected to another one since I cant get bt infinity, any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

note: I live quite a far distance from my exchange so I don't think I am directly connected to it. Also I have received a letter saying bt infinity is coming soon... Yet that was nearly one and a half months ago. Also a bt engineer said that he was getting told to role out in the area that I live in and he said I should be able to get infinity when he is done but it doesn't look like I can. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 9 of 11

@Capownz wrote:

My post code is NE27 0EY
I have a 2 cabinets in my estate which have it and one of which is only 100 meters away (300 following the road)
a house I used to live in has the post code NE27 0EF which has bt infinity 2 enabled at it.
I cant locate my cabinet which I am connected to since I must be connected to another one since I cant get bt infinity, any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

note: I live quite a far distance from my exchange so I don't think I am directly connected to it. Also I have received a letter saying bt infinity is coming soon... Yet that was nearly one and a half months ago. Also a bt engineer said that he was getting told to role out in the area that I live in and he said I should be able to get infinity when he is done but it doesn't look like I can. 

Hi, i just checked this for you and there are two cabinets attached to your postcode but both stating that there is no planned rollout of for fibre yet. However, this is based on a spreadsheet 6 months out of date so things could have changed by then.

Your exchange is not due for upgrade until September also and you don't have to be near the exchange to be connected directly to it, best way to check is here :https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html enter your telephone number or address and this should tell you nearer the time if fibre will be rolled out to you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 11

I also live in Shiremoor and can't seem to find any information about when my cabinet will be upgraded. My postcode is NE27 0FQ, and the only information ic ould find is that i'm served by cabinet 63.

Is there anyway to find out when this cabinet is possibly earmarked for upgrade ?

0 Ratings