cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Infinity order in a mess... please help!

I placed an order for BT Infinity today and it looks like it has got into a right mess.  I have already spent 1hr in various phone queues today trying to sort it out but am now considering cancelling it altogether.

I am already with BT Broadband with unlimited ADSL 2+, I just tried to upgrade that to Infinity.  When placing the order it asked me to select an activation date and timeslot which made me think an engineer visit was required.  The earliest date was 11th Jan but as I won't be home I selected 13th Jan.  I paid the one-off activation fee by debit card and all seemed OK.

I received an email confirming the order and providing a link to track it online.  I then also received an email stating my upgrade would be completed "in a few days" and to leave my HomeHub connected.  I don't  have a HomeHub which also got me thinking that there was no mention of this when I placed the order as I would need one for Infinity.

I tracked the order online and the status was very odd.  The order date was 11th September and the activation date was 31st December!  Also the product being ordered was unlimited standard broadband and not Infinity.  I recall upgrading from 40gb data allowance to unlimited back in September so this is probably where the 11th Sept date comes from.  It seems it has mixed up my previous order which was completed months ago with the new one.

image.jpeg

I decided to call BT and then spent around 1hr in various phone queues talking to different teams.  In the end they said that everything was OK and I was getting BT Infinity on 31st Dec.  No engineer would visit.  I asked about the HomeHub and a separate order was placed for this.

I then received an email stating that my direct debit would be doubled to £95 per month!  I called the billing team and was told that they could not amend the DD until the broadband order had gone through.  The £95 DD is due to be taken on the 5th Jan.

i have just tracked fhe order online again and have found that the activation date has been changed to 11th Jan!!! There is no mention if this is an engineer visit or not.  If it is then it is not convenient,  I am now also facing a £95 DD on 5th Jan for a service that will not be activated until mid Jan.

I DO NOT WISH TO SPEND MORE HOURS ON THE PHONE BEING TRANSFERRED TO DIFFERENT TEAMS WHO HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON. Can someone please take ownership of this and contact me directly to help sort this out.  If cancelling the current mess and re-ordering is the best option then I am happy to do this.  However I need someone from BT to investigate what is going on with the activation date and DD payment.

I am not sure if it is safe to post any order numbers etc, here so please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks

Mark.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Infinity order in a mess... please help!

Try phoning options team tomorrow hey are uk based 0800800030 and if they have problems helping you then post back and we can see if mods can help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Ok, I will try my luck on the phone again.  What time are lines open from?  However if I am not confident in what they are telling me I will come back to you for the mods to intervene.

I have just noticed if I track the order it states to "contact us" if the activation date is not convenient.  However there is a change activation date button and if I click this I can change it to a date as early as 29th Jan!  Again there is no mention whether this date is for an engineer visit or just remote service activation.

Mark.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

As you already have broadband they it is more likely to be self install than engineer visit to install

I normally phone after 9am but you could try after 8am

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

I assumed it would be self-install as well... but why:

1. Did I have to select a date with a AM/PM a slot when I ordered (earliest 11th Jan)

2. Did it then change to 31st Dec

3. It has now changed to 11th Jan

4. I can change it back to 31st Dec or even earlier to 29th!

if it is remote activation and self-install then earlier the better as I don't need to be home.  I am not going to change it online to avoid any further confusion.  I just hope someone can explain this tomorrow morning but after today I am not confident.

Mark.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

It still needs an engineer to make the new connections at the street cab just does not need to install a MK3 master socket

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

So I rang the number this morning and the chap explained that the order had failed and would need to be cancelled and replaced.  He said he would process the cancellation and call me back early afternoon with a "fast track" slot for activation.

At 5pm I had not received any call back so rang again and spoke to someone else who said the original order was cancelled and they would now place the new order.  They took me through the whole process and placed a new order etc, and all seemed OK. The new activation date is 11th Jan and is self install.

However I just checked the tracker and yet again I have the message "We're sorry, your order has not progressed as expected". Why on earth does this have to be so difficult!  I have no clue what is wrong now... I will leave it until tomorrow and see what the status says,  However I cannot afford to keep spending hours on the phone trying to sort this out,

Can a mod take ownership of this and find out why I cannot order Inifinity without it going wrong?

Mark.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

as you are an existing customer trying to upgrade try the options team who are uk based  0800800030

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

That's the number I have been ringing today (you provided that last night).

just checked again and the tracker now says the order is "on track"...  hopefully a temporary glitch that has been fixed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

hopefully it is now ok   option team are normally good at getting upgrades sorted out

0 Ratings