Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tosotarman
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Infinity, phone line, missed install appointment

Hello all,

I've been reading similar posts about BT' appointment delays, and concluded that my story is clearly not new.

I received the tv box and modem on 17 November 2014 and was told that I would have to wait until 5 december 2014 for an install, and at that time I was OK with it.

On the planned appointment day, we got a text message from the engineer or BT to confirm they were not coming and arrange a new appointment for the 15 December 2014 from 1pm - 6pm.  Again, I'm still OK with it.

Today, it is the 15th of December 2014, and I was eager to get the Infiniti Broadband activated. BUT NO, because I got an email from BT, telling me that there is a change of schedule from 15th of December 2014 to 5 JANUARY 2015. YES, IT'S ON JANUARY 2015!!

Alas, I called BT to find out what happened that causing this delay. One of the Customer Service explained to me, that currently the engineers are still working on external cabling, and that's why they got delayed. I'm amazed of this info, because then I have to wait almost two month just to get connected??? I tried to ask her, will it be possible to get earlier appointment before the 7th of January 2015, and she politely said that that is the quickest available date. Again, amazed and shocked.

So, here I am; no landline, no broadband, no broadband, no cable tv, and HUGE WORRIES whether BT will change the appointment date again or not!

p.s.

Kindly inform me if someone know who to contact to solve this issue.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
NeilO
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Infinity, phone line, missed install appointment

Hi tosotarman,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting,  I'm sorry to see there's a delay getting your land line installed, it sounds like there are no spare lines in your area that would allow us to get your services on sooner.  

If you use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details we'll be happy to follow this up with Openreach. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
tosotarman
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Infinity, phone line, missed install appointment

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the response. Ok, already submit the query.

Cheers,

Toso

0 Ratings