cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 27

Re: BT Infinity repeatedly dropping connection, and is extremely slow.

Had a long phone call with the service team tier 2, who ran a number of tests.  New HH5 on the way to me, with a call back arranged if it doesn't work.  If that fails I believe an engineer has to visit.

Just out of interest if it is the HH5, it only got installed in November so why would it just pack up in the space of 2 months?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 27

New HH5 arrived, still a 2mb download...

Surely that would mean there is a problem on the line?

Engineer coming out tomorrow, hopefully he can tell me what the problem is.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 23 of 27

I have had similar issues although granted not as bad. Basically the response I always get from the Indian Call Centre is the HH5 is faulty and they send another out even though it's not the HH5 at all.

I'm sick to death of being lied too and fobbed off by them. I was even conned into another 12 month contract to get a replacement HH5 for my "faulty" HH5, turned out it wasn't the HH5 at all so I guess I have good grounds to get me contract cancelled should my current issues not get resolved to my satifaction.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 27

Hi Storm,

It's got to be the most frustrating thing ever.  They are advertising infinity connections in my area from 45-59mb download and up to 10mb upload.  Which is why I signed up!

I got the new HH5, and I still have the same problem.  An engineer is coming out this afternoon to take a look and if that doesn't rectify the problem then I could look into changing ISP.

Interestingly a friend who lives across the road is on Sky.  He is only getting a 4mb download when he should be getting 12mb.  Surely this highlights that there is an issue on the lines in the estate?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 25 of 27

Sky adsl starts off at 4 and gradually rises.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 27

Hi legitimise,

Any idea whats causing my problem, I know I have an engineer coming out but I'm just wondering what the issue could be.  Reading through the forums it seems to happen to a lot of infinity customers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 27 of 27

The HH5 gives you line stats under Troubleshooting, Helpdesk.
The information there may help in fault diagnosis
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings