cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trick97
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Infinity roll out and TalkTalk Fibre

I keep getting flyers put through my door informing me that Infinity is available in my area, but then i check the website and says it isnt.

This is annoying.

So, I already have a fibre optic connection with TalkTalk, so my question is this - isnt Infinity just using the same fibre optics? or do BT have their own?

I always thought all suppliers of this product use whatever is available at the cabinet etc, so as i already have fibre isnt it a case of switching supply?

I could be completely wrong here, because surely if it was available then BT are losing out by not signing me up as a customer.

They say my only internet option is cable broadband, which is too slow for my uses.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Richard

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Infinity roll out and TalkTalk Fibre

Its the same fibre and the same cabinet.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter you phone number into this form.

Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

trick97
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

"There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line."

So i tried the post code checker that it links to.

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 2 -- 1 to 3.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 1.5 -- 1 to 2.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30-Nov-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.
Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

try the address check instead  the phone number check will not work if you are a Talk Talk customer

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Try using your address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
trick97
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Hi - thanks, i have now used the address checker and this shows the FTTC as "waiting list" - is this basically what I have been looking for? i.e. it is available but on a waiting list? or is that the wrong product?

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

HighLowHighLow    
FTTC Range A (Clean)8066.12020--Waiting list
FTTC Range B (Impacted)8057.12017.9--Waiting list
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2--1 to 3.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 1.5--1 to 2.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate0.5----Available
Fixed Rate0.5----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available

This PCP has a waiters list for FTTC services. You may place an order which will be dealt with in turn.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC or WBC SOGEA) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For FTTC Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30-Nov-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

The DP is external to the end user premises.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

that shows FTTC available at your address but there are no free connections and there is a waiting list of customers from all ISPs

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
trick97
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

but as i already have a connection albeit with a different supplier and wanted to switch to BT, would that connection go to another person with the old supplier or be available for BT to use if i tried to cancel with talktalk?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

when TT terminate your conenction it will go to next in waitimng list even though you are transferring

trick97
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

ok, thanks for your help.

A waiting game for BT sport then! arghj!
0 Ratings