cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mccltd
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity roll out schedule, someone must know

I live on a estate that abouts 9 years old now and we have a 2mb connection. WOW.

Our exchange (Sittingbourne) is BT infinity enabled and I have found out that friends closer to the exchange and further away than me have Infinity so why on earth can we not get it.

I tried the only checker for it to only say its not currently due to roll out in our area.

Seems crazy that they have it behind me and infront and miss out the middle.

You ring them up to ask when they expect to roll out in my area and they havnt a clue. I was even told my exchange wasnt infinity enabled.

Does anyone at Bt actually know what their talking about?

Somebody must have a schedule for roll out or do they not plan things nowadays and pick somewhere at random?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
rationalzombie
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity roll out schedule, someone must know

Unlikely reason, but maybe you are on a different exchange as you are in the middle.

They will usually pick somewhere that will be profitable to the point where BT will recover their margin from laying the FTTC.

But at the end of the day they have to start somewhere and they have to finish somewhere. Which means someone will always be last to be upgraded. In this case, you will be upgraded last in your area, it seems.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I helped, then consider clicking the star to the left
0 Ratings
mccltd
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi,
I'm on the Sittingbourne exchange and speaking with all my neighbours everybody would move to the faster speed.
I have lived on the estate since it was built and the main thing everybody moans about is internet speed. Virgin have a fibre link running down the main road near our estate but as a virigin reseller they told me they couldn't get onto the estate.
(probably a golden handshake going on there with Bt and the site managers)
This is a large estate and everyones stuck with their Bt lines so come on BT get your act together and bring us into the 21st century, your upgrading people who have had faster ADSL than us in the area so let us have a go.

0 Ratings
rationalzombie
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

I'm sure you will be enabled soon. Don't forget that everyone deserves to be enable first.

BT will have an upgrading plan, whether its by how easy you are to upgrade, profits or feasibility to lay the FTTC, or some other reason.

Just remember that alot of people can't even get 2mb!
Patience is a virtue. 😄
------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I helped, then consider clicking the star to the left
0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 5 of 5

No I don't think anyone at BT knows what is going on. Why do i say this because from my time trying to find out what is going on with my Exchange and these are some of the answer's I've had from BT:-

My Exchange is not in the roll out plan for FTTC, Delayed due to lack of cable & lack of DSLAM Cabs (Even tho the cable and Cabs are installed and hve been connected up and are humming), lack of staff, bad weather.

Now for the best 1 of all, My Dad can now have FTTC (he's 85 and is happy with his 1meg speed) so I asked why I couldn't have it if he can??? After a check Infinity sales told me the reason was that my dad was on a different exchange to me, ok what exchange is my dad on please? Llantrisnat I was told Ok what exchange am I on please? OH Llantrisant!! Umm hang on ok got it your dad is on Llantrisant 1 & you are on Llantrisant 2??. Are you trying to tell me there are 2 exchnage's in Llantrisant? Yes that's correct, rubbish i say the 1 and only exchange in Llantrisant was opened in 1928 and it's the only 1, no sir it's not, Are you saying the only exchange is split in 2?? No sir there are 2 seperated exchange's. No matter what i said he was not having it, so i gave upMan Sad The BT Openreach guys I spoke to the other tho that was a good 1 and had a good laugh.

Just checked this moning and my exchange is now ready to go according to 3 of the BT checkers but can't order as my exchange is not slated for FTTC.

so work that 1 out

cheers 

0 Ratings