Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aczarkowski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 23

BT Infinity slow speed for almost a month

Hi,

I am getting sick and tired of BT Customer Support. I am experiencing slow speed for almost a month and nothing really gets done. I already called the customer support twice, gone through their entire script of resetting hub, doing speed test, reseting computer etc. The only thing they do is to say that they will be monitoring the network. I bet they do!

My line can easily support at least 40Mbps and now I am barelly getting 10Mbps. I am using BT Infinity 2 for over a year. Everything was fine up to about a month ago. I already checked bt service status website to see if there are any issues in my area but there is nothing. 

Result of my test is also attached

Screen Shot 2014-02-05 at 00.30.30.png

Can anyone have a look into this for me? I can see that there are many moderators here who are very helpfull so I would much appreciate your help guys.

Cheers,

Andrzej

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 23

Re: BT Infinity slow speed for almost a month

Was that test done using ethernet or wifi?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
aczarkowski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 23

It was done over Ethernet

Andrzej

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 23

Which exchange are you connected to?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
aczarkowski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 23

On SamsKnows it shows Colindale LWCOL.

0 Ratings
Mr_Cooke13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 23

I'm having exactly the same problem.

Never speeds above 30mb and whenever I do a speedtest it says that it's unacceptable for my line as the range is 61.95 Mbps-77.43 Mbps.

Managed to get them to send Openreach out rather than a contractor to have a look, they're coming today between 1-6 so you might want to do the same. I'll post back to let you know if the speeds increase once Openreach have visited.

0 Ratings
aczarkowski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Are you also connected to the same Exchange?

Let me know how it goes with the engineer.

Thanks,

Andrzej

0 Ratings
Mr_Cooke13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 23

I'm not connected to the same exchange but definitely having the same problems.

The engineer didn't visit my house but apparently did some work at the exchange and cabinet - I don't believe them as my speed is exactly the same and as appauling as before!

0 Ratings
GordonWT
Beginner
Message 9 of 23

My Infinity 2 was fine since it was installed last October until yesterday. My speed went from steady 75Mbps to about 7Mbps.

I got told the same thing that they will monitor my network. It went back to normal for a few hours but is currently about 10Mbps....slower than the 12 I used to get from ordinary PlusNet...and it was a hell of a lot cheaper!!
0 Ratings
aczarkowski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 23

I did also notice that ocasionally the speed would go back to normal (over 50Mbps download and over 10Mbps upload) but that would not last longer than few hours.

I will be calling BT tomorrow again. This is getting a little bit annoying now. I hope to get engineer to come and investigate it further. 

0 Ratings