Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lemon
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

BT Infinity upgrade

Hi All

I have just upgraded my BT infinity to the new super faster version (i am option 2)

This is my new speed which is the same. The order shows as completed yesterday. Any ideas where to begin or should i wait for a few days ?

Download speedachieved during the test was - 21 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-24.2 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 24.2 Mbps

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Nige32
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Infinity upgrade

Hi

You could try and reset your vdsl modem and see if that helps.

As far as I am aware though bt are unlikely to do anything until 10 days have passed.

Edit  what speeds were you estimated to get .

0 Ratings
lemon
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

34Mbs down

Still not massive but i would be happy with that. Is it okay to reboot the router whilst the line stablizers?

0 Ratings
Nige32
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 13

Hi

Some forum members have reported that a reboot has helped, the choice is yours if you want to try it. 

I have reset my modem during the 10 day period and it never made my line any better or worse than it is now.  

0 Ratings
martpu
Expert
Message 5 of 13

@Nige32 wrote:

Hi

Some forum members have reported that a reboot has helped, the choice is yours if you want to try it. 

I have reset my modem during the 10 day period and it never made my line any better or worse than it is now.  

A ping of 0ms!?!  WOW!

You won't get to ride the racehorse...until you've ridden the mule.... - RogerB 13/04/2010
0 Ratings
Nige32
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 13

Smiley LOL

Good old speedtest.net that the first time I have ever seen it read less than the normal 5ms I get.

0 Ratings
Davidwalker600
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Hi All 

We started taking orders  12-04-2012 for Infinity 2 on bt.com and since then many of you have raised questions on the forum. Here's a heads-up on what to expect when ordering and what happens next.

I've placed my order but no speed increase

1. Check the order tracker to see when your order is due to complete - it won't complete before this date and please note that orders are completed between midnight and 6am on the day. (link)

2. Check your own equipment - this covers your own setup up to the Openreach socket. Remember to test with a wired (Ethernet) connection if having problems on a wireless setup (more on this below)

3. In a small number of cases you may need to switch the Hub off, and on again, before experiencing any speed increase.

Remember that whilst the service is 'up to 76Mb', the speed you receive depends on your line - If the line can support 60Mb then that is what you will receive - you can check the estimate for your line here: (link)

My order shows as completed, what speed should I expect?

We would have given you an estimate of your maximum broadband speed when you placed your BT Infinity order. You can check your actual speed at any time at speedtester.bt.com.

Your speed test results will show you your current speed, which will vary at different times of day depending on:

1. The way you connect – a wired connection is significantly faster than a wireless one 

2. Your computer’s speed – older computers are usually slower 

3. How busy the Internet is – the busiest times are evenings and weekends 

4. The speed of websites you visit – e.g. some sites cap speeds in busy periods

Please note that it can take up to 10 days for your BT Infinity speed to stabilise so bear this in mind when doing speed tests during this initial period.

How to get the most out of your new speed

Are you using a wired connection? Your connection will be faster and more stable if you use an Ethernet cable(s) to connect your computer(s) to your Hub. At these faster speeds, we recommend a wired connection. Wireless is best reserved for connecting only your mobile devices and laptops.

Are you using the latest wireless kit? The Home Hub uses ‘n’ standard technology, which gives the fastest wireless connection. You may need to buy an ‘n’ wireless adaptor(s) for your computer(s) to take advantage. If you are unsure about wireless adapters you can ask questions in our community or find out more at bt.com/nwireless

Are you using our broadband software? Our Desktop Help software will optimise your computer settings for your new faster speeds. Download it from bt.com/desktophelp. Within this, using the PC Healthcheck feature regularly is particularly important to get the best speeds.

0 Ratings
lemon
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

Hi

I have rebooted modem etc. getting this result now:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 13 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-24.2 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 24.2 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 5.14Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

Any more ideas ?:( my pc is the only thing conncted and i am using a cat5 cable

Also the IP profile 24.2 is the same as its always been doesnt this restrict the download speed that I will ever be able to get?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Nige32
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

Hi

I think the best bet for you is to contact the forum team and ask them to help you resolve the speed problem.

Fill out this form click here  it can take up to 3 days before they respond by phone or email.

0 Ratings
lemon
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Okay i will thx

0 Ratings