cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Acksaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity was slow for 3 months, exchange upgraded, 4 weeks later, slow again.

I thought I may have seen the end of BT Infinity speed issues after BT Wholesale upgraded the z-lan in my local exchange, seems not.  Getting a repeat of slow speeds in the evenings again.

Any ideas?  This is getting a little tiresome after we had to wait 3 months for the exchange upgrade.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity was slow for 3 months, exchange upgraded, 4 weeks later, slow again.

were you using a wired connection for the speedtest
0 Ratings
Acksaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: BT Infinity was slow for 3 months, exchange upgraded, 4 weeks later, slow again.

No, I admit I haven't gone the whole hog and carted my PC to the BT socket yet. However speeds are fine during the day (as they were before) and all connected devices are seeing the speed drop. I know that's the next logical step and to take, and then go through the painful process of logging with BT.

Just wondered if anyone else here had experience of repeat issues following a z-lan upgrade?
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

It's possible, would need mods to check with BT Wholesale about VLAN utilisation.

Is it only peak times?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Acksaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Absolutely, same times as before, between 6pm to 11pm.
0 Ratings