cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilDG
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Infinity wired connection keeps dropping

I have already come to the conclussion that the 10/100 wired ports on my homehub cannot negotiate speeds properly and so I have connected a gigabit router to the gigabit connection on the homehub which routes data around the house at the correct speed. I also have a number of wireless devices (phones, laptops etc.)

Over the last few days, I have found that the internet connection on the wired gigabit port is no connecting to the internet despite the fact that the blue BroadBand light is on on the homehub and the wireless devices can still connect as usual. The gigabit router would appear to be OK as the wired devices can still see and talk to one another but none of them can access the internet. This would seem to me to be an issue with the homehub.

I have read about the negotiation issues with the 10/100 ports and the type A hub but not seen anything about dropped connections with the wired ports.

Anyone got any ideas? Is my hub faulty?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Infinity wired connection keeps dropping

Hi PhilDG

I am sorry you are having problems with the GigE port.  I'll be happy to have a closer look at this and see what the story is.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
PhilDG
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Infinity wired connection keeps dropping

Hi CraigS,

Thanks for the reply - In the end, I called customer support and they are shipping me a new homehub which hopefully will sovle my issue.

Thx

0 Ratings