cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigdavyyeah
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

BT Infinity with Smart Hub - slower than sky!!

Just moved from standard sky broadband to BT Infinity with Smart Hub so I could get faster and reliable broadband, couldn't be any worse than the sky!!

Connection keeps cutting out and speeds are awful vs what I had with sky, paying for a better service and it's way worse??

Any help? Please....

Thanks
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Infinity with Smart Hub - slower than sky!!

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
if you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home
0 Ratings
bigdavyyeah
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Hi John,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I've attached screenshots. The sky broadband wasn't terrible but since mocing to BT it seems slower and it seems to cut off and lose connection quite often, never had this issue with sky (even although they use the same line?).

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

DavyCapture.JPGCapture1.JPG

0 Ratings
bigdavyyeah
Beginner
Message 4 of 16

Spoke with bt who said the hub was faulty, new one installed today with no difference, still cutting out and very slow.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

there is nothing wrong with your speeds you have a 37.5 Mbps and is within the operating range

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call

0 Ratings
bigdavyyeah
Beginner
Message 6 of 16

Hi John, thanks for the feedback, the issue may just be the wifi losing connection as it's really bad. New hope b has made no difference. Done the quiet line test and couldn't hear any noise, a bit crackly but it's always like that. Will call them tomorrow as I'm stuck. The sky service I had was never this back, keep losing signal. Cheers
0 Ratings
bigdavyyeah
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

*new hub has made no difference
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

the line should have no noise at all any noise will destroy a broadband connection and needs to be fixed a new hub would not solve the problem anyway
0 Ratings
maserlin
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

My connection is constantly being dropped. It's not the hub or the devices. It's all at their end, proved it because whenever I manage to get through to the India call centre they reset the line and it's ok for a (very short) time.
Then it starts dropping every 15 mins - 1 hour again.
0 Ratings
bigdavyyeah
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Called the 151 and they carried out a check and said nothing was wrong, £129 for an engineer visit if they come out and it's not their fault. Can't say I'm too keen to book the visit to be honest
0 Ratings