Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newtonsdad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Infinity

Go to solution
I have been told by the network manager for Rossendale (by phone) that he can guarantee that we can get BT Infinity but the information on the BT website is wrong he said that a manual order will have to be made. When telephoning BT to order I was told that thY cannot be done. I even explained that my next door neighbour has had infinity fitted last week he did manage to get it put it through manually and he has got 21 MB if you put his number in the infinity checker it says he is unable to get infinity even though he has got it. How do I get someone to put it through manually or is it a case of luck as whom answers the phone.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Infinity

Go to solution

could your neighbour have bt broadband option 3 with fibre?  see here http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/How-to-Upgrade-from-Option-3-with-Fibre-to-Infinity/td-p/3158...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
newtonsdad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
No he has BT Infinity I was there when it was fitted 21MB download if you put his number in on BT Infinity checker it says he cannot get it even though he has got it bt need to update the info given to them.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Contact the mods, they should be able to clarify.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
newtonsdad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Update managed to get through to BT and got put through to BT options and was able to order. BT Infinity to be fitted 8th March. It still says that i cannot get BT Infinity on my line even though they have guaranteed at least 17mb better than 800kbs that i get now.
0 Ratings
newtonsdad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I have had Infinity for two weks now and I have a steady 15Mbps a lot better than 800Kbps.

If you go on BT Infinity checker it still says I cannot get it even though I have. If you look on Talk Talk website and their checker it says I can get it 17Mbps. It seams that Talk Talk are updating their database but BT are not as openreach said that BT have got the correct info on line speeds but do not update them. I think Talk Talk will be getting a lot of BT customers as their database are up to date.

0 Ratings
dannyb999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Newtonsdad, can I ask how you managed to get a manual order put through? my whole street has infinity available but the checker shows my house does not. I am sure this is an error, but they wont run a manual order for me?

Regards

Dan

0 Ratings
newtonsdad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
It is just luck who you speak to. You need to try and get them to put you through to someone at BT options and they put the order straight through. They must have the up to date info as they put my number in and it said I would get 17Mbps. If you try on the talk talk checker for fibre broadband they seam to have the updated info from openreach. Openreach are the ones who fitted it if you go through talk talk. You can then phone up BT saying that talk talk will take the order. Good luck.
0 Ratings