cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dashfixer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 29

Re: BT Infinity,

OMG, I just got off from the BT indian call centre team, and they have just changed their story AGAIN, after proving to them I was limited in my first week they tried to tell me that a limit will be put in place after 200GB and then a further slow down after 300GB, Whats going on BT, your support can't even stick to the same story, problem is as I'm sure BT can CLEARLY see I was limited after the first week after only 46GB of usage, and by the end of the DEC month I was only at 246GB usage, so this is complete nonsense..............whats tomorrows story going to be?

Also my speed is only limited between 5pm to midnight so it's not a tech problem....its a ripoff

John46: As you can also see from the picture i pasted up I wansn't above my 300GB even at the end of the month...

0 Ratings
nickynoodles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 29

> I'm sure BT can CLEARLY see I was limited after the first week after only 46GB of usage

Welcome to the club. I used ~40Gb in my first month and seemingly have been capped at 2Mb/s, but can't get anyone in BT to 'decide' what exactly is the problem.

The engineer said I had been capped by mistake, the useless support centre says there is a line fault which the engineer ruled out.

Based on nationwide 2Mb/s problem a few weeks ago, and the number of similar complaints on this forum, my guess is that BT have some different traffic shaping systems in place for Infinity that working as they should be.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dashfixer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 29

Yep I agree, so why aren't BT refunding people, can't they see that people will jump ship unless they at least start to tell the truth.

I don't mind giving them time to sort problems however I aint hanging around to be lied to.

0 Ratings
dashfixer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 29

OK, called BT (UK) and finally got a result, they still claim I overused my 300GB however after asking them to cut my Infinity service they decided they wanted to keep their 10 year customer with 5 lines and 2 BB accounts, and to be honest I'm a little glad as I do feel a little loyal to BT, however sometimes you can be too loyal and be taken advantage of.

Anyhow after I pointed out I'd had an email stating that any overusage in one month lets say DEC and lets say you over use on 7th DEC so your only 1 week into the service, you'll be throttled down to less than 2mb for DEC and also for JAN so in effect a 2 month ban from infinity!!!

Sorry but thats a joke as is 300GB.

Anyway I pointed out that I had not used close to this 300GB "limit" (which still isnt advertised ANY PLACE on BT's site not even in the "fair use" page), and hey presto they said they would reset my speed back to normal, so if you can call 12MB normal when I should have 20MB then I guess its better now, however if I get throttled again this month I'm off to SKY, after seeing their new advert (clearly aimed at BT) I called them and they have told me like they state on the advert they wont throttle my speed at any time regardless of usage..........wake up BT............

So in short, no thanks to the BT support in India and a little thanks to BT cancelations in the UK and a decent amount of thanks to the Girl who finally talked me out of leaving and reset my speed, alls well that ends well.

FOR NOW, lol see you all soon..............keep an eye on that usage meter and print it out daily or you WILL be cheated out of your speed.

Bye ALL

Jim

0 Ratings
kashikash
Message 25 of 29

i wish i read this before , BT infinity engineer coming in few days in my home , hopefully everything will be ok . 

0 Ratings
SeeK
Contributor
Message 26 of 29

And once again, "Unlimited" means that you won't be charged for using large volumes of data. You will still be subject to traffic management just like everybody else however, which is there in order to prevent a few users bringing a whole exchange to its knees.

0 Ratings
kashikash
Message 27 of 29

is it really fast or just like normal 20 mb broadband ? how much time it will take to upload 300 to 500 mb file ? thanks

0 Ratings
SeeK
Contributor
Message 28 of 29

At 10Mb uplink (Infinity speed), uploading a 500MB file will take roughly 6.6 minutes. Speeds will usually be slightly lower than the full 10 though.

0 Ratings
pcnewcastle
Message 29 of 29

hi JacobB if you live in a Cable Broadband area you be the the last one to get bt infinity cas there dont want to go head to head whit people like virgin. My wife work for bt and we dont use bt internet cas all we get is 6mb whit them and we have the 50mg from virgin and the lowest speed we get is 55mg and at the top line is 75mg and that on there 50mg broadband 

0 Ratings