cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 29

Re: BT Infinity,

dashfixer

Customers who are classified as very heavy users will experience significantly reduced speed at peak times (typically 5pm-midnight every day but these times may change depending on the demand on the network) for a period of 30 days, or for as long as very heavy use continues. This applies to customers on all Options.
there is the answer to your question if you go over the 300gb fup then your speeds are capped between 5pm and midnight the rest of the 24 period is again at your relevant top sop speed your speed is capped there fore 6 hours a day
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 29

as posted on many other forums this comment is not correct "this wouldn't happen with V****** Broadbands 100MB service.." they are capping their users now as well
0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 29

0 Ratings
allanm
Contributor
Message 14 of 29

dashfixer,

with respect I don't think you are correct in your statement :

BT Total Broadband Option 3 and BT Infinity Option 2 allow unlimited downloads and uploads within the monthly rental price, so customers on these products will not be charged for over-use. However, this does not preclude BT from reducing your speed if you are a heavy user in order to protect the experience for the rest of our customers.

This end phrase doesnt even make sense, first part clearly says option 2 users will not be charged for over use but the second part says your speed will be throttled for over use, so of course you wont be charged for over use because the service will be throttled so that you cant overuse it.

Your speed will ONLY be reduced 1)  if you exceed 300mb and 2) only for 7 out of 24 hours per day.

So outwith peak time you should have no speed restriction on you and you can download as much as you like So you can download as much as you like within the rules above , and not be charged.

0 Ratings
dashfixer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 29

Your all missing the point, look at the picture i posted I havent exceeded 300GB yet I'm still capped and have been capped for the last 3 weeks now..... And as for Virgin BB my brother has this and has as yet NEVER been capped and he's using 600GB per month..................

This is a new account I switched from my normal 8GB BB to this infinity rubbish and I switched at the start of DEC I got less than 1 week of use at full speed and then it was capped, at the time it was capped I had only used around 145GB as it was a new toy and I used it to the max, that's what you do isnt it? anyway the other day I checked my usage on the BT site as you can see on the picture I Posted I still havent used 300GB.... How many people wanna put a bet on that after the 30 days it's still not up to speed? I know for a fact it wont be as it's clearly been oversold by BT..........

So what now BT Lovers?

0 Ratings
dashfixer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 29

Well Well, 1/1/2011 another month and I'm still throttled to 2mb even though I haven't as yet used the internet this month, so every reason given so far for the throttling of my speed is total lies from BT............

Refund my money BT, oh and I have sent a complaint to OFCOM I would urge other BT Infinity victims to do the same.

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/

0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 29

@dashfixer wrote:

Well Well, 1/1/2011 another month and I'm still throttled to 2mb even though I haven't as yet used the internet this month,

Have you considered that you may simply have a fault on your service ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 29

IanC

That possibility is to simple for some to believe it always has to be deliberate action against the person complaining
0 Ratings
dashfixer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 29

Are you being serious? I've already stated that I've been on the phone and been told by BT that I'm being treated as a high user and therefore being slowed down, so are you telling me i'm being lied to? my line has been checked twice and they said there is no fault and it's simply that I'm a high user and I need to use less of my "unlimited" broadband, even though I haven't reached my so called unlimited limit of 300GB.

Like I said I've been throttled by BT since my first week on Infinity and now I'm into a new month I'm still going slower than my old BB, Infinity is oversold and service and backup from BT's indian call centre is rubbish...

I would love to think this is just a line error or something, however I can only go with what bt lie, oops sorry tell me the problem is.

Poor effort BT.

PS: please read the posts before commenting..........

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 29

You are only speed reduced between 5pm and midnight after you have exceeded the 300gb limit no other time if your speed are lower outside those times then it is a tech problem
0 Ratings