Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tletmehelpple
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT International Reverse Charge TO the UK + Caller ID barring internationally

I have two questions:

1) What is the telephone number to place an international reverse charge phone call from Australia to the UK via the BT Operator?

2) If I ring from Australia to the UK, is my Caller ID blocked if I enter the prefix number used to usually block Caller ID (Telstra does not mention if it works internationally)?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
iniltous
Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT International Reverse Charge TO the UK + Caller ID barring internationally

Is what you want even possible these days ?...given that 'BT Consumer' probably only account for less than half of residential phone line customers in the UK, if it were possible to call a BT Operator via an Australian Telco ( presumably you wouldn't call BT directly, you would call an Australian Operator requesting a reverse charge call to the UK, ) how would BT raise a charge on the UK customers phone bill , if that customer was a , for example Virgin or Talk Talk customer. To collect payment for the call, ( again the Australian Telco would set up the call, charge BT for it including all the extra costs, and then BT would have to attempt to recover that cost plus their own admin charges from someone who at call set up time they probably couldn't confirm is even a BT customer. Is 0800 reverse still a thing ?, if it still exists , it may work internationally , but I would think the rates would be very expensive
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT International Reverse Charge TO the UK + Caller ID barring internationally

For Point 1: 

**Edited by Mod** the Austrailian 0800Reverse website, it DOES mention calling the UK as a reverse charge, and seems to suggest using the UK 0800 number with an international prefix.. 

However it maybe better to ask the UK company for the charges. 

Are you with BT, or is the person to be called with BT?

EDIT: See **Edited by Mod** This 

Point 2, I have to be honest it may come up International or Withheld 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings