cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

BT = Joke

I left virgin for this?

Since Day one (3 months agao) my Youview HD Box constantly Drops Terrestrial TV channels ie BBC 1'2 iTV Ch4 Ch5 are non existent 4-5 days in the week always says weak signal then goes off.

Internet im lucky to get 10MB - 12MB on a good night yet im paying for 40MB i know i shouldnt expect the full 40mb but at least 20Mb out of 40?

Also Plugged the TV Ariel directly into my TV no issues BBC 1 '2 Work Fine iTV CH4 CH5 All work fine.

Constant Retuning My BT Box one moment 200 channels then im lucky get 115 Channels 90 are internet?

im 90% Made up cancelling my service all together surely these issues must fall under the Fit for purpose ACT?

Anybody else have the same issues? and is there any hope?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT = Joke

There is no Fit For Purpose Act.  Beware of quoting nonexistant laws at retailers and service providers.  It just tells them that you don't really know what your rights are.

BT will probably tell you that your aerial needs adjusting or replacing - which isn't their problem.  The YouView boxes have twin tuners, and tend to need a stronger signal than most TVs in order to work reliably.

PS. If you signed up since October, it's the new Consumer Rights Act.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 7

Have you checked your signal strength and quality, quality being more important. I have around 49% strength but 100% quality.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

dont even waste your time, its gonna as long again to get your money back im 6 months in not viewed a thing they wont leave messages or give me number to call them back, they basically dont give a toss,  and there are regulations for companies WHO DONT GIVE A TOSS 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

If you read the thread titled 'FOX TV channel ending on BT TV' from 05/02/16 then you will see that you can exit your BT tv contract penalty free due to the loss of Fox Tv.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

when do i get my money back ? just had 15 mins spare (NOT) to log in to find out notpaid any money to bank, this co is a joke 

0 Ratings