cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billyflem
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Lies about special deal

With almost 12 months into my contract BT phones me today with a "special offer" the excited lady on the other end of the phone tells me she can offer me BT Infinity 1 at just £23 per month.

Wow so the special offer is ........you can have it at exactly the same price as anyone else?

Since joining BT I have had nothing but heartache, my BB speed is getting slower and slower after getting it sorted out 9 months ago, but now I’m a broken man I just want to see out my contract until December then leave, I don't care how much my BB slows down I will never phone BT ............EVER AGAIN.

List of nightmares.

Day one not connected, happened a day later.

BB speed 1.5 mb, 7 mb at sky sorted it out 2 months later.

Emails regarding going over BB usage even though I’m on unlimited, someone changed my BB contract.

Charged for paper billing and not having a direct debt, even though I paid my first 3 months via DD,someone at BT deleted it.

Caller display was free when joined now it's £1.75.

BB now slowing down to 5mb from 7mb but I don’t care I can leave soon.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Lies about special deal

Hi billyflem, 

Thanks for posting and sorry no-one replied back to you yet. 

I am sorry about the problems you have been having. I can take things on from here and test your broadband connection and also see what special offers are available. 

Click on my username and under the "about me" section you will the link to get in touch with us.  Whenever we receive your details we will go from there. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
billyflem
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I can't see any link Olga?

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 8

Hey billyflem,

Click into my profile and you'll see the link there.

Cheers

Robbie

0 Ratings
billyflem
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Cheers Robbie that worked.

0 Ratings
billyflem
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Can't say it's much better after being reset it still keeps going down,only 5.29 it was 4.59.

Overall poor service from BT with sky it never got below 7mb.

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 5.29 Mbps

0 Mbps7.15 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 5.29 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 5.41 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.9 Mbps

0 Mbps0.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.9Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Please visit the FAQ if you are unable to understand the test results.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Your download speed is correct for your IP profile without you posting your hubs ADSL stats it is hard to suggest if there may be any thing we can help you with to improve your connection further
0 Ratings
billyflem
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Thanks for the reply John but BT Hub4 doesn't give proper stats,just the basics.

Will make do with what I have until I can leave,I really can't be bothered going through the whole thing again with BT.

In 6 months and 1 week I can leave,it can't come quick enough,may even consider taking an early termination charge.

0 Ratings