Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Line Rental Saver

I am a little confused.

My free Caller Display offer will be ending soon and today I thought a quick look at my bill and the BT website firstly to establish on what date it will end and to see if I could renew my Line Rental Saver. But I cannot find an end date on the bill and neither can I see anything about any extras, other than a discount that come with Line Rental Saver.

Is this information anywhere on the BT website and am I correct in thinking that one of the advantages of paying for the line in advance was the Caller Display?

All very confusing as this month is the first anniversary of moving address and to the best of my memory was a straight forward retain my number and pay the charge for moving. No contracts as it was as I said straight forward, moving yards from around the cornerfrom one street to another.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Line Rental Saver

The line rental saver, and the free caller display are totally different things, and have their own renewal dates.

You can renew your free caller display by going into MyBT, and ticking the box to renew caller display, provide you agree to a new 12 month phone contract.

This does not affect your line rental saver, which will continue until its due to be paid again, when you will get a reminder.

Renewing your line rental saver does not automatically renew your free caller display.

If you are unsure when your free line rental saver ends, look on your bank statements and see when you last paid it by card.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

That's the rub with me though Keith.

Sign uo to a new 12 month phone contract and I will probably at some point lose my existing anytime calls. Plus the nagging feeling that I had free caller display with the the line saver. But then they are so many changes with BT that my brain cannot keep up.

Appreciate your comments & help but I would have thought BT could have been more transparent by stating on the bills what the contract details are. For example, looking at my bill there are charges for the month and for extra products such as BT Sports but then immediately credited in the line that follows. They must have an internal plan matrix, so why not share it with us?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 12

drifter wrote:

They must have an internal plan matrix

Spoiler
ROFL.gif
--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 12

It seems to have been a decision some time ago by BT that they do not put contract end dates on the bills or anywhere on the MyBT web site.  I can only assume that they don't want you planning ahead.  Instead, either you pay charges that you could have avoided, or else you're constantly locking yourself into new contracts with no way to ever leave without penalties.

If you want to know, you have to contact BT and ask them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Thanks, I will ask them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

My Line rental saver has increased from £159 last July to £183 on renewal. A whopping 15 % increase.

I'm sure others think this is out of order too.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Coincidence that somniac has posted this piece of information as I have in the last hour been speaking to the New Delhi call centre to ask a few questions about my bill/contract.

The first was Line Rental Saver - did this give me Privacy Caller Display free of charge? Answer, yes it was free.

When does my Privacy Caller Display end? Answer, 27th July 2015.

When does this contract* end? Answer, 27th July 2015.

And finally, when does my Line Rental Saver end? 26th September 2015.

The contract* does bring into question why, when I moved last year taking my phone number & broadband with me, was I told there was a charge or if I took out a new contract, free of charge. I declined and paid for the move so the question was why am I deemed to be in contract with BT?

The answer to that question was I am going to be put back on Privacy Caller Display with no tie up to a contract, according to Ayushi at 12:45pm.

I wait and see what progresses but I have a gut feeling that like many I will after all these forty odd years of being a 'loyal' customer of BT, move on to another provider.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 12

Yes I have looked into that option too but the ones I have looked at, the line rental is more than BT's with the "discount"

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 12

The increase in LRS this year is large but the discount now offered is in line with other ISPs.

LRS is not a contractual obligation merely a payment in advance which triggers a discount on the full yearly rate. It does not trigger free privacy caller display.

Also as many people have found the end date for LRS may have no relation to the contract end dates for  BB and phone , as well as TV - indeed in an extreme case it is possible to have different renewal dates for all the elements a customer may have with BT.

0 Ratings