cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

BT Lost our 20 year old email address

On the 5th May we lost access to our email address, we contacted BT by phone who said our email address has been compromised and that they would have to set us up with a new email address, they say they are unable to resurrect our old email address and we can only use the old email address to login to out MY BT we can no longer use the old address as an email address.

I have logged into my BT an tried to find my email address listed in there but only the new email address they have setup for me is there, surely if I still have to login to My BT with the old email address then the address must still be avaliable to me?

I tried calling them today and spoke to someone who said that we have already been told we cannot use to old email address and should just use the new one, I asked to be put through to someone in the department that deals with emails, but unsuprisingly I was cut off.

I cant believe that after 20 years we cant continue to use our old email address, we have our whole digital world connected to this email address, and it would take forever to go through every service and update our email address, let alone tell everyone to use our new address. Please can someone here help.

Regards

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 29

Re: BT Lost our 20 year old email address

That's a complete nonsense, hopefully one of the mods will pick this up for you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 29

@licquorice wrote:

That's a complete nonsense, hopefully one of the mods will pick this up for you.

Completely agree, as I said on the other thread to the OP.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 29

Yes I know its stupid! Lets hope a mod can help, where India cant!

I have posted this question in this thread, as after posting this message realised I wasnt the only one with this issue.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-issues-despair/td-p/1610123/page/4

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 29

Hi @gkeyes,

We will be able to look into it and get in touch with the right people for you. You can get in touch with us directly by clicking on my username and then on contact the mods. It's in the about section. Make sure you take a screenshot of the missing mailbox error message you see as I know there's a high chance I'll need that.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 29

Thanks have just done this, if you need any further info, please let me know.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 29

Hi

Just wondered if there has been any progress on this case yet, as I have not heard anything further since contacting the Mods!

Regards

gkeyes

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 29

Hi @gkeyes,

It has been picked up by the BT Care team. They're having it looked into and will be in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 29

We had a call from a Therese from BT Digital care this afternoon, who said she has reset our pasword, we have tried logging in with our original email address and password and it seems to login but when I have looked closer the email address that it shows in the top right hand corner (beneath the word welcome after we have logged in is not our original email address but the new one that India setup for us, which we dont want). Unfortunately Therese had gone before we noticed this and she was unable to leave a number for us to contact her on!

So even though we are logging into BT Email with our original email address its redirecting to another email address that India setup for us which we dont want!

I await your response.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 29

Hi @gkeyes,

I can see that Therese has sent you an email today. If you drop her a reply, she'll get back in touch.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings