cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 29

Re: BT Lost our 20 year old email address

Looks like we have finally had a breakthrough!

We have just a call from India to say it should be working again, I have just tested it by logging in to the BT Email from bt.com and it seems to now be logging into the correct email account, tommorow,  I am going to reconnect the Windows Live Mail on the computer and connect the iPad and Phones back up to the email account.

Lets keep our fingers crossed that the account doesnt stop working again!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 22 of 29

Hi @gkeyes Thanks for the update and hopefully all goes well tomorrow. Post back and let us know.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 29

@gkeyes wrote:

Looks like we have finally had a breakthrough!

We have just a call from India to say it should be working again, I have just tested it by logging in to the BT Email from bt.com and it seems to now be logging into the correct email account, tommorow,  I am going to reconnect the Windows Live Mail on the computer and connect the iPad and Phones back up to the email account.

Lets keep our fingers crossed that the account doesnt stop working again!

Sounds like good news.

What we need now is the support teams to tell us the exact reason for the fault, and the exact reason why the support teams completely messed up your account in the first place, and the exact reasons why you were effectively told a pack of lies.

This needs to be an open and honest report by BT, since "open and honest" is one of the core BT values.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 29

@Andy_N wrote:

Sounds like good news.

What we need now is the support teams to tell us the exact reason for the fault, and the exact reason why the support teams completely messed up your account in the first place, and the exact reasons why you were effectively told a pack of lies.

This needs to be an open and honest report by BT, since "open and honest" is one of the core BT values.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy and do you really think that is going to happen?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 29

The excuse they are giving and sticking to is that the account was COMPROMISED but if that was the case they cant tell us why they couldnt just reset the password, instead of setting us up with a different email address.

I think the only people that Compromised the account were BT themselves (i.e. someone pushed a wrong button somewhere and purged a few email accounts)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 29

Well 24 hours on and its all still all working at this end.

Worryingly I got an email from a Sean at BT care around 11:30 this morning saying that the Email team are still investigating the Issue! The left hand still has no idea what the right hand is doing, not good when BT are supposed to be one of the UK's leading communications companies!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 29

The 'mail team' work in a total vacuum with total disregard to customers and mods alike.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 29

I cant understand why these sort of teams have to hide behind this wall all the time, we cannot speak to them directly! Instead we have to play this silly game of chinese whispers and instead a problem taking hours to rectify it usually takes several days, weeks or months to sort out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 29 of 29

@gkeyes wrote:

I cant understand why these sort of teams have to hide behind this wall all the time, we cannot speak to them directly! Instead we have to play this silly game of chinese whispers and instead a problem taking hours to rectify it usually takes several days, weeks or months to sort out.

I see the issue as one of a complete lack of coordination amongst the support teams. There are so many repeat reported faults over the years on here, BTCare twitter feed and probably the telephone helpdesk - yet each time every fault seems to be new.

I've said it before, there should be a faultlog that the teams should be able to look at. If there is, it isn't working.

All the 3rd party features such as the Mail teams are not contactable directly. I asked Openwave messaging a question via their website - and they passed my details for BT to answer, so third hand. And the BT team involved would not entertain a general question, simply only for a fault that related to me. This is the WRONG way to support anything and needs to be changed.

0 Ratings