Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 29

Re: BT Lost our 20 year old email address

@gkeyes wrote:

We had a call from a Therese from BT Digital care this afternoon, who said she has reset our pasword, we have tried logging in with our original email address and password and it seems to login but when I have looked closer the email address that it shows in the top right hand corner (beneath the word welcome after we have logged in is not our original email address but the new one that India setup for us, which we dont want). Unfortunately Therese had gone before we noticed this and she was unable to leave a number for us to contact her on!

So even though we are logging into BT Email with our original email address its redirecting to another email address that India setup for us which we dont want!

I await your response.

Hi again.

There appears to be confusion by the support teams over this, in that you want your old email address just to work. It seems like the direct association from logging into BT to your email address has been altered to the one you were given a while back.

So if you try to login to :-

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

using your old email address/ and new password combination - are you able to login ? And if so, does it somehow show a different email address ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 29

If I login to https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform with my original email address it goes to BT Mail and looks like its logged in ok but I notice in the top right hand corner under the word welcome it shows its logged into a different email address (the new email address that India setup for me when they said I could not have my original email address back).

Tested this on 3 different computers in two different locations and the problem is the same on every computer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 29

@gkeyes wrote:

If I login to https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform with my original email address it goes to BT Mail and looks like its logged in ok but I notice in the top right hand corner under the word welcome it shows its logged into a different email address (the new email address that India setup for me when they said I could not have my original email address back).

Tested this on 3 different computers in two different locations and the problem is the same on every computer.

Hmmm ... like I said, the support people have got completely confused here. And as I've said on numerous occassions, unfortunately they don't listen properly to the request.

I assume that sending an email "from" this account shows the new email address ...

What about if you use a mail client program, such as windows live mail, Thunderbird or something else ? Logging into mail with these will either fail, or do the correct thing.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 29

Yes that's correct sending does show the new email address and not the original email address that I logged in with  and also if you send an email to the original email address is doesn't arrive in the inbox as its showing the inbox for the new email address.

Just tried the email address in a mail client and it wont accept the original email address as the username or the new reset password.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 29

Has Theresa been in touch with you as per PaddyB's message?

If she has, did you explain the problem to her.

If she hasn't been in touch yet I would wait until she does and don't re-contact Customer Servces.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 29

I have replied back to Therese's email explaining there is still a problem, but have not heard anything back from her.

We have received another call from Briyanka about half an hour ago who said that the account had been compromised and she will be passing the details to the Level 2 email team (this is the 3rd time we have been told this) and call us back on Wednesday at 9am to give us an update, not sure if Briyanka is from the same department as Therese or they are two different departments? Are you able to shed any light on whether they are from the same department or not? As I fear that the we have two different departments working on this and the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 29

I am just a customer like you so I have no idea if they are in the same department but as I said, I would leave it to Theresa to deal with this.

If you are in contact with her, you have a named person dealing with it and as you have identified yourself, if two different departments are dealing with it it will cause confusion.

If Customer Services phone you again, get them to clarify if they are doing so on the instructions of Theresa and if they are not, don't deal with them and you should not contact them again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 29

Still not heard anything from Therese in the BT Care team, sent her a reply to her email on Monday to say its still not working just redirecting us to the new email address that India set us up, sent her another email this morning asking for an update but not had a reply to that either, could one of the Mods on here give the BT Care team a nudge and get them to respond to their emails please!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 29

I've given her a nudge for you @gkeyes. She's back in tomorrow. I've sent her an email so she knows you've been in touch. She was out of office there which would be why she missed your latest reply.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 29

Thanks @DanielS have had an email today from a Lizzie from BT care who said

"the fault has been raised to the BT Mail tier 2 team for further investigation, this team are due to call back by the end of today.
I will arrange for a member of our team to check the fault tomorrow and to follow-up on the case."

0 Ratings