cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

BT MK3 Faceplate

I have just ordered the MK3 2014 version faceplate and I will update you guys if there is any change. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT MK3 Faceplate

@GeekOfBroadband wrote:

I have just ordered the MK3 2014 version faceplate and I will update you guys if there is any change. Smiley Wink

I have one. Installed a week ago. Made zero difference using the HH5, I guess I would need to go back to using the unlocked HG12 to see if it had any impact with the more detailed stats.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

I ordered a mk3 faceplate off the bay installed it on Monday it actually made my connection worse increased Line attenuation and dropped download from 66 meg to 63 and upload from 19 meg to 17 using my hh5 so switched back to the Mk2 faceplate and speeds went back to normal so I guess it will be sitting in my draw now ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 8

Fitted one yesterday, and it increased my max attainable up by about 2 meg, down by just under 2 meg and both up and down SNR margin by about .1dB.

More telling is that the SNR Margin has been somewhat more stable across the day; I have huge headroom on SNR margin as I'm very close to the cabinet and get 82/20 consistently with max attainable at 125/35. Certainly the improvement isn't as marked as going from a Mk1 to a Mk2 faceplate, but I'm surprised that being as close to the cabinet as I am, I saw any improvement.

Anyone done a circuit comparison to see what the differences are?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 8

@trapdoor wrote:

I'm very close to the cabinet and get 82/20 consistently with max attainable at 125/35.

How long have you been connected ? Where you among the first connected or later ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 8

One of the first. Originally to Port 2 on the infinity cab; Port 1 was our local OR engineer who lives just across the road from me. Got moved to a port in the 20's in a Lift & Shift when our DSLAM card blew and OR couldn't get an 'authorised exchange engineer' out to swap the card within a reasonable timescale. We're been provisioned now for about 20 months.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 8

@trapdoor wrote:

One of the first. Originally to Port 2 on the infinity cab; Port 1 was our local OR engineer who lives just across the road from me. Got moved to a port in the 20's in a Lift & Shift when our DSLAM card blew and OR couldn't get an 'authorised exchange engineer' out to swap the card within a reasonable timescale. We're been provisioned now for about 20 months.

In that case the following maybe of interest to you :-

http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2014/vectoring-crosstalk-crisis

Best regards,
dfenceman
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 8

Yeah, read it before. But it doesn't show any parallel to my experience.

We have had a huge takeup of Infinity off our cab, and OR engineers working on the cab provisioning new service is a daily occurrence. Since we were provisioned, I wouldn't say we have seen much of an impact; perhaps our max rate has come down a bit, but I recall when the OR engineer did the install, checked the line to the cab and said "you have over 120 meg down so will be able to get Infinity 3(?) if BT ever release it", and we are still getting ~125/~35 now.

Perhaps unlike many of the properties around here who are concentrated via overhead lines into a cable on the pole and then across to the cab, we are in a fairly new build property (group of 3), and a new BT service pit was installed in our shared driveway entrance and I believe a new cable duct was installed across to the cab, so we are wholly on an underground service which is on a shared cable with the three properties but seperate from the main cable that runs up the pole. No idea why it was done like that (though OH across to the pole could have been awkward due to trees/location), but the OR engineer claimed we could have FTTPod quite easily should it ever be made available at our cab because of the way our cable/duct ran; can hope I suppose.

Whether when the DSLAMs get completely occupied we will see a drop in speed/SNR headroom I don't know, but it's certainly not reared its ugly head so far.

Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 21.05.25.jpg

This is our dslchecker output Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings