Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnpeac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Mail Accounts Gone Again

Go to solution

Around 2 weeks ago my main 2 BT Email Accounts became inaccessible and diasappeared from My BT. After 10 days of webchat, phone calls, formally complaining and getting the Mods of this forum involved, I finally got the 2 accounts back on Tuesday after 10 days.

They were both working fine until yesterday evening. I left windows live mail connected most of the day but at some point in the evening it failed to access the account - and came up with the password prompt.

I then tried going in through webmail/My BT and got the same symptoms as I got when they disappeared previously. I was forced to reset my My BT password and the passwords for the 2 email accounts. This brought My BT back but not the 2 mail accounts.

I can only assume these have been marked as "Suspended as Compromised" like last time - although there doesn't appear to be any genuine reason why this happened suddenly. Hope I can get this sorted quickly this time as I can't really be another 10 days without these accounts !

Just a comment on formal complaints procedure - this seems to just consist of somebody calling you to check other people have called you. It doesn't speed up the process and obviously doesn't stop the same thing happening again so is a complete waste of time !

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
DanielS
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Mail Accounts Gone Again

Go to solution

Hi @johnpeac,

I'm sorry to hear the same issue has returned IE "Suspended as Compromised". We'll send a request to get this picked up urgently for you. We'll be in touch when we know more.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
johnpeac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Daniel

0 Ratings
johnpeac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Mods (DavidM) are doing their best to progress this for me - accounts are now back in the state where I can sign into them but then see the Selected Account is Unavailable popup, so still waiting for that last step.

But just had the most frustrating call from India - asked me a security question which doesn't match the one I've set up (checked again since and they definitely asked the wrong question) and as I couldn't answer it correctly they said they'd have to call back tomorrow. Asked to speak to a manager but was told a manager wasn't available, In the meantime suggested resetting password - the BT Call Centre equivalent of switching off and on !

Moderators on this forum are great and show the good face of BT - but the Indian call centre operation is a shambles.

0 Ratings
johnpeac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Losing the will to live now ! 

Mods (DavidM and Robbie) are doing their best chasing this up - but it's been imminent since Friday and still both accounts say Selected account BT Account is Unavailable. 

Call from India today never happened - which is probably just as well as they probably would have asked me the wrong security question again. Hoping constant chasing up by the mods does the trick as I've now only had access to my accounts for 3 days in the last 3 weeks.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @johnpeac I've checked and @DavidM has your case in his diary for tomorrow and will be in touch then. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
johnpeac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks once again to pressure from the mods - particularly @DavidM, the accounts are now working again.

Fingers crossed they stay working this time.