Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edmokeski
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Mail included with which service(s)?

Go to solution

I'm having trouble figuring this out from the website.  I've got a bundle now (out of contract), but am considering ditching broadband as OpenReach have decided to leave my cab in the stone age while Virgin have wired my road for 300Mb.  My wife uses a btinternet.com e-mail account.  If I ditch BT broadband, does that mean I have to pay 5/mo for Premium Mail from now on, or do we get to keep the e-mail if we keep the BT landline?

If (as I sort of expect) the answer is "no," then what about if we switch her phone to BT Mobile?  Does that entitle you to an e-mail account, or is it only by keeping broadband that we can avoid paying for Premium Mail?

Basically what it comes down to is if we can keep the e-mail, we'll keep the landline, and if we can't, then we may as well switch all services to Virgin and not just the broadband.  If anyone can provide some clarity or a link to a page I'd not found, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

JW

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Mail included with which service(s)?

Go to solution

The BT email comes with a broadband account. If you stop broadband you will lose your email address unless you move to BT Premium email.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/59666/~/what-happens-to-my-email-address-when-my-bt-b...

edmokeski
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Bummer, so there's no avoiding the Premium Mail fee even if I keep BT for landline and/or mobile? Is this the sort of thing retentions will negotiate on? Otherwise it looks like a wholesale move to Virgin and paying a fiver to keep the old email address alive.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

No negotiations. You don't have broadband so you don't have their email without paying for Premium Email.

0 Ratings
edmokeski
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Alright, thanks for the info.
0 Ratings