There is still the mobile phone!! Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 17

Re: BT Master socket

@Cryin5freeman wrote:

There is still the mobile phone!! Smiley Happy

untill the phone network crashes that it have had it happen 2 or 3 times on me befor or what about if you cant get a signal? or the backup power supply to the phone mast dosnt kick in?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 13 of 17

Is there A massive difference in speed in your modem is plugged into an extension socket and not the master socket?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

Depends on the quality and layout of the internal wiring. With Infinity you can only use the socket that the engineer installs.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 17

@Webby wrote:
Depends on the quality and layout of the internal wiring. With Infinity you can only use the socket that the engineer installs.

I'm hoping this means (like my present master) that the new socket isolates the internal wiring in the flat and stops it interfering with the data signal.?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

It depends, I told the engineer to make that the only working socket but he said I could have others left working if I wanted.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 17

To be honest. As it's my place and I'm not selling it anytime soon I could ideally just have the 1 socket with a connection for the wireless phones (3 operate from 1 base station) and a connection for the Infinity.

This would then mean the rest of the cabling in the house was disconnected and unable to interferre.

Risky though as it's bound to cause a problem in the future knowing my luck - lol.
0 Ratings