cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Mini Connectors & D-Link DHP-306AV Homeplug AV Connectors

Hi,

I use a pair of BT Mini Connectors to link my BT TV box to my BT wifi over the domestic power circuit, which works fine.  I also have an old pair of D-Link DHP-306AV connectors which I have, some years ago, used to connect a wireless-card-free PC to my router via the power lines.  I had fond hopes of using the BT and D-Link devices together but have had no success in doing so - the D-Link devices just flag an unrecognised network, no matter how often I press the buttons on the devices.  My entirely uneducated guess is that the BT Mini Connectors are not Homeplug AV-compatible, and so I am wasting my time.  Does anyone know if this is the case?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Mini Connectors & D-Link DHP-306AV Homeplug AV Connectors

Are you trying to connect the devices as 2 'pairs', if so , that is not possible. With powerline adapters you can only have one 'Master' connected to the router with multiple 'slaves'.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I don't think I'm doing that.  I plug one of the D-Links into the power socket and power it up.  Then I press the "ADD" button on the side of the mini connector which has the router connected to it, then the "Reset" button on the side of the D-Link.  The power and network lights show green on the D-Link but the little house light, which I assume is the broadband indicator, stays dark.  Obviously, I've thrown away the instruction booklets for both devices, if I ever had them...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Message 5 of 5

Thanks, Les.  I'll have a look and see if any light can be shed.

0 Ratings