Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jock455
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Mobile - Billing Date (what a joke)

Hi 

I have no been a BT mobile customer for all of 30hours and already have cancelled my services.

I have to say my reason for cancelling isnot something i ever thought would happen as i expected my request to be a reasonable one.

It all started after calling to change my direct debit date, currently its set as the 21st of the month which is not a good date for me (i prefer early in the month).

So i select the options for DD and to amend the date only to be told no you cant do that, so now it transfers me to an actual agent. I explain the situation to her and she confrims this is the case and it cannot be ammended under any circumstances.

I'm sorry but what kinda of a joke is this! cant change direct debit dates..... its just stupid in this day and age.

So i explain that i am not willing to risk missing any payments and will need to cancel if that is the case, even the agent thinks its strange but that is the rule, so literally 5mins after calling with a SIMPLE request it ends with me cancelling my account.

BT you really need to get a grip and sort out your billing platform, christ even picking from several dates in the month would be better than a random date that people are stuck with.

If anyone can shed more light on this or knows how to get the date ammended that would be appreciated as i am more than willing to cancel my cancelation request.

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Paulr7894
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Mobile - Billing Date (what a joke)

I've just read through the help pages because I thought I had read somewhere on my account and help pages that the date could be changed:

However, and I'm quoting the following from the billing help system "The exception to this is BT Mobile customers, because your monthly allowances are based on a fixed period which can't be changed."

So, using me as an example, as a BT Customer who had landline and broadband I could change the date but now I'm a customer who has BT mobile I cannot change the date.

At least, thats how I interpret it.

0 Ratings
firestorm
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

mine was worse than that, simply entering the wrong account number on my application resulted in bt BLACKLISTING my iphone, suspending service on the sim i can understand but blacklisting is for lost/stolen. to rub salt in the wounds my bill wasnt due for nearly two weeks. plenty of time to correct the problem
0 Ratings
jock455
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

@firestorm wrote:
mine was worse than that, simply entering the wrong account number on my application resulted in bt BLACKLISTING my iphone, suspending service on the sim i can understand but blacklisting is for lost/stolen. to rub salt in the wounds my bill wasnt due for nearly two weeks. plenty of time to correct the problem

It's absolute madness, they'd rather lose a customer on the first day than provide a solution of any kind.

If on sign up they asked the date you want the bill to be paid and then advised of the earliest activation date it would cut this out.

However in your case its an absolute disgrace, would a simple phone call to you advising of the error and asking you to ammend it or to call back and resolve (for obvious security reasons, given the volume of dodgy people claiming to be from BT).

They really now how to annoy their customers and drive them away.

0 Ratings
jock455
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

@Paulr7894 wrote:

I've just read through the help pages because I thought I had read somewhere on my account and help pages that the date could be changed:

However, and I'm quoting the following from the billing help system "The exception to this is BT Mobile customers, because your monthly allowances are based on a fixed period which can't be changed."

So, using me as an example, as a BT Customer who had landline and broadband I could change the date but now I'm a customer who has BT mobile I cannot change the date.

At least, thats how I interpret it.

Yes that appears to be exactly the way it is, so you are now punished of the flexibility becuase you dropped their other services, getting rid of them all would have been the easier and perhaps better option.

0 Ratings