cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nvrb
Message 1 of 2

BT Mobile Phone Help

I'm not sure if anyone here can help or whether I'm even posting in the right place but I currently have a BT mobile phone. This was a business phone but the contract has now ended and I have a new contract with a different company. I was hoping, however, to continue using the same mobile phone and was wondering if it's possible to have BT phones unlocked and if so.. where from? Or.. can I ring either BT or my new company up?

I no longer need it as a business phone and wouldn't like to fork out on another decent phone when there is nothing wrong with this one.

Any help is appreciated.

The phone is a Nokia 6300 (I think!)

Many thanks.. Cassy

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
bfg
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Mobile Phone Help

Hi Nvrb,

I think you can call your mobile phone operator (so BT mobile) and pay for the PUK code to enter into the handset and unlock it.  I think its about £30-£35 quid (got that from google so i wouldnt quote me on that Smiley Indifferent). you could also approachany of the market or high street companies that offer to unlock your phone, but again i would expect to pay around £20.

Or type unlock mobile into google and there are many sites which will give you the PUK code and instructions for free (or at a lower price).

Free site:

http://www.trycktill.com/eng/unlock_swe.asp 

Just need to go to the bottom first and swap it into english, or your preferred language. I should also point out I haven't tried this so i can't gurenetee it.

0 Ratings