cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Mobile WiFi Calling Sony Xperia 5 II

Hi All,

Sorry for posting another WiFi calling question but I have searched and found nothing on this.

I'm looking to buy a Sony Xperia 5 II and use my current SIM only plan with BT Mobile, but need to know if WiFi calling works? I have a poor indoor signal so WiFi calling is a must.

I currently have HTC U11 which supports WiFi calling but didn't work on BT Mobile, so need to be sure before I buy!

I've asked BT technical who passed me on to sales, who said it should work, but that's Sales, not tech support!

BT don't offer or sell this phone so they also suggested moving on to an EE plan, as EE have it on plan, but I'd rather stay on BT as I have a family plan.

Any help appreciated.

Ps. My other option is a Samsung Galaxy S20, which is not on a list of compatible devices but is probably likely to work as other Samsung devices do and BT also sell this model.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Mobile WiFi Calling Sony Xperia 5 II

Hi. Wondering if anyone at BT can confirm this one please? Or anyone definitely got it working?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Xperia 5 II (XQ-AS52) software 58.0.A.22.21

Wi-Fi Calling works perfectly.

4G calling (VoLTE) works too. There is no dedicated toggle. During a voice call, the 4G indicator will not turn to 3G. This means that the connection uses the 4G calling (Voice over LTE) technology.

Xperia 5 II Wi-Fi calling2.jpgXperia 5 II Wi-Fi calling.jpg4G calling.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Oh that's brilliant. Thank you for the detailed response.

Just in time for a Black Friday discounted purchase too 😁.

0 Ratings