cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Mobile and BT Smart Hub 6 Conflict

Hi, is anyone else experiencing very poor or nil mobile signal since installing the new Smart Hub 6? No one can call anyone in our house on their mobile since installing the latest Smart Hub, if I revert back to my Home Hub 5 everyone's mobile signal is fine. I have even used a Netgear Nighthawk which uses similar technology to the Smart Hub and mobile signal is fine. My mate used a signal scanner and it looks as if the Smart Hub's WiFi is what's interrupting the mobile signal, what with my Network and the 2 BT networks BTWiFi-with-FON and BTWiFi-X. I've tried everything so far, even tried to get BT to disable BTWiFi-with-FON and BTWiFi-X, but they said that they can't do that on the Smart Hub, funny that considering that on the Home Hub 5 they disabled BTWiFi-with-FON when I opted out on the web site!! If it wasn't for the fact that I need to use a BT Router to ensure that I get consistent BT YouView+ data content I'd use the Netgear Nighthawk Router.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Mobile and BT Smart Hub 6 Conflict

Welcome to this user forum.

Nobody has reported this issue before. Does it show as a reduction in the number of signal bars on the mobile phone when the home hub is turned on?

What happens if you turn off the wifi on the mobile phone, can you make mobile calls then?

Are you on normal broadband or BT Infinity?

If you are on BT Infinity, are you using the home hub in conjunction with a separate Openreach modem?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Infinity with just the new Smart Hub. Turning WiFi off on the mobiles makes no difference, even switching to just 2G/3G doesn't help. Turn off Smart Hub and all is then ok BUT then no internet!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

That sounds like a faulty home hub, as it should not radiate interference in the mobile phone band.

Ther could be a parasitic oscillation taking place inside.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitic_oscillation

I would ask for a replacement.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

That could be it, I'll try talking to BT again and see if they will replace it. Thanks for the info, I've really had enough of this issue as it's been happening since I first switched the damn thing on.
0 Ratings