cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adie1
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Mobile double data offers want to upgrade from 20gb to 30gb

Ive noticed BT have on at the minute double data offers. I have successfully upgraded my 500mb plan to the 4gb double data plan with no problems on one phone. On the other phone i currently have the 20gb plan and would like to upgrade this to the 30gb plan but when i go to change the plan i am not presented with the offer to upgrade, instead im presented with the offer to downgrade my plan Smiley Indifferent

Could someone please point me in the right direction.Thankyou kindly

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Mancunian01
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Mobile double data offers want to upgrade from 20gb to 30gb

You're on the top plan, so there's no option to upgrade.

The 30gb offer is just an offer for new sims, you can't upgrade to it if you're already on the 20gb plan.
0 Ratings
adie1
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

thanks for the reply mancunion, i dont know were you got your info from but its duff

customers new and existing can get the 30gb plan, its not open to only new customers, as on our other bt mobile sim i can upgrade that to the 30gb plan if i wanted to.

0 Ratings
Mancunian01
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Is it only if that sim is out of contract that you can upgrade if you're on the top plan already?
0 Ratings
Mancunian01
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

The duff info came from BT when I tried to increase my own 20gb allowance to 30gb. They said it wasn't possible.

However I have just seen it as an option on My BT, albeit at an increased cost.

Maybe being under contract affects what is offered.
0 Ratings
adie1
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

All my sims are still in contract 8 months left to run, I have managed to upgrade my plan to the 30gb package. i done this by first downgrading the sim to the 4gb package, waiting 24/48 hours then i went back to it and the upgrade for the 30gb was available at £ 20.00 per month, would of been £25.00 per month but i have been given the £5.00 discount for having bt broadband. it's a bit of a faff having to do this as i thought all options of upgrading/downgrading would be available. luckily i have done this before my next bill has been generated otherwise it wouldnt have worked and i would of had to wait. The other point i noticed was on checkout and terms and conditions it said new 12 month contract and if we increase prices i can leave, i thought ok no problems it has the start date and the end date, the end date is 6 months from now?? around may 2017 i would of thought it would be december 2017 which begs the question are bt going to have a price increase in may 2017 Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings