I have just added a second BT Mobile SIM to my account and a couple of odd things have happened.
Firstly the new sim is currently in my iPad AIr 2 just for the data network and looking under Settings-> General->About the carrier and version is listed as listed as EE 27.0. Now I know BT ran off the back of EE network, but my original BT SIM in my iPhone shows the correct carrier and version as BT-C 27.0. Is there a reason for the discrepancy?
The second issue is to do with my online account...since getting the new sim...the website is reporting that the new SIM is in my iPone and not my iPad, and my first SIM is in my iPad. Is this a fault with the website when the new SIM was activated?
Anyy help with these issues would be appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Tried talking to them, but they dont seem to understand the problem...would help if the understood plain english and not read from a script...evenwhen they phoned me all I got was the agents superviser repeating the same steps I'd already done to fix the problem...and offer no more help...utterly useless.
Ended up having to phone the technical support department for the Mobile section direct...they've understood the problem and seeing what they can do to sort out the discrepancy being reported by the MyBT website as their systems are showing that the SIMs are being used in the correct devices.
Thanks for your help...just means I'll have to phone up every time I have a problem and not use the online chat support...
My iPad reports the same. However, my devices/SIMs report correctly in MyBT.
BT Mobile carrier settings do seem to vary by device. For example, when tethering was disabled on iPhones, it was still enabled on iPads.