cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
General_Bubbles
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT NetProtect Plus Insta-quarantining an exe that is not harmful

Pretty much as stated in the title. It keeps quarantining an exe that is not harmful to my computer, and every time I restore it, it immediately quarantines it again, How can I stop it from doing this? It is preventing me from cerrying on with the task I am trying to get done. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. 

P.S. 
I have tried turning off the real time scanning, but as soon as I turn it back on, it re-quarantines the .exe.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT NetProtect Plus Insta-quarantining an exe that is not harmful

Look for something like 'Exceptions' in the program settings.

All decent AV software allows files to be ignored if known to be safe.  Never used BT NetProtect myself, don't think it's particularly good.

General_Bubbles
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I have looked already, friend 😕  
There's no way to manually add a file to a trusted list, which makes ZERO sense to me, honestly.  

I have to use it, mate, I have no alternative, as far as I'm aware.

0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

You could try Avast, seems to be popular and likely the best 'freebie'.  I use Symantec Endpoint myself.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

My advice and that of others on the forum would be to uninstall BTNetprotect. It can cause problems on some computers and is a resource hog. Do a search of the forum to see the problems. There are far better free antivirus programs available such as Avast Free.

If you do want to uninstall BTNetprotect use this guide and make sure you use the BTNetprotect/McAfee removal tool after you have restarted your computer.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13523

General_Bubbles
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

I used to use Avast 🙂 But they had several breaches over the past three years and that kinda worried me, ya know? 

Finances are an issue for me, although Symantec Endpoint does look rather good!

What  the hell, I'll try Avast again. If it doesn't suit me this time, I can always go back the Resource-hog 10.000 (AKA NetProtect Plus) Sick of it trying to murder so many of my **bleep** files. You can't message Mcafee about it, because they send you straight back to BT, who then send you right back to Mcafee. 

Thanks for replying btw, it is very much appreciated 🙂 

0 Ratings
General_Bubbles
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I missed this reply, as it came in whilst I was typing the one I just posted. Thanks very much for the link and the info 🙂
0 Ratings