Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 13

Re: BT NetProtect Plus: find blocked ports for a program

@pamelap wrote:

Thanks.

The only reason I am using BT Netprotect Plus is because it is free with my BT account.

I have been unhappy with it as I often want to set up my own rules or find out exactly what is going on, etc., and can't.

Maybe in this case free means not worth paying for!

I like most of the more common free avs like avg and avast so will consider changing as suggested.

BT Netprotect is free with my account as well and I wouldn't use it even if BT paid me to use it. You will do your self and your computer a favour if you remove it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 13

As an aside, if you bank with Barclays, they offer a free subscription to Kasperky.

I used Kaspersky at one time (free version). Really liked it. Could do everything I would ever want to do with it. I only stopped using it because it was giving too many false positives and causing people constant panics. This was years and years ago.

In terms of harming my computer, it is less destructive than Norton which nearly drove me to an early grave. (lots of blue screens mainly).

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 13

@pamelap wrote:

As an aside, if you bank with Barclays, they offer a free subscription to Kasperky.

I used Kaspersky at one time (free version). Really liked it. Could do everything I would ever want to do with it. I only stopped using it because it was giving too many false positives and causing people constant panics. This was years and years ago.

In terms of harming my computer, it is less destructive than Norton which nearly drove me to an early grave. (lots of blue screens mainly).

Thanks

Don't tend to get any false positives but it does tend to take over and integrate itself into everything!

0 Ratings