Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobfred
Beginner
Message 1 of 24

BT Netprotect Plus/McAfee will not load

Hi guys,

Im not sure if i have posted this in the right place if not sorry

So i have been running this for almost 6 months now with no problem that i was aware of.

Then today i tried to load it up and found out that it will not load, the program will come up, but will stay as a white box i dont know what has caused this and why this is happening. If anyone could help that would be much appreciated

Now i dont want to hear how rubbish BT Netprotect Plus/McAfee is or what i should be using with a list of reasons why i want someone to help me solve me problem thanks.

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: BT Netprotect Plus/McAfee will not load

So i have been running this for almost 6 months now with no problem that i was aware of. Then today i tried to load it up and found out that it will not load, the program will come up, but will stay as a white box i dont know what has caused this and why this is happening. If anyone could help that would be much appreciated

BTNP should boot up with your PC; when you say 'laod it up' what are you describing?  Staying away from the rubbish comment, which is fair enough, if the programme is installed, there should be no problem.

You could always try an un-install>run mcafee removal tool>and re-install.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
davem44
Contributor
Message 3 of 24

as above would be the simple answer unless you have upgraded to windows 8 which will not run with the present incarnation of net protect but has got microsofts security essentials built into windows defender so does not really require a seperate anti virus how robust it would be would be another issue.

0 Ratings
bobfred
Beginner
Message 4 of 24

It does not load up automaticly when my computer starts. At least the programm i have to maunally do it, but as i said it is just a white box

And now i have not upgraded to windows 8 i am on vista still

0 Ratings
davem44
Contributor
Message 5 of 24

Sounds like you neexd to reinstall net protect then

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

I'm really biting my lip here, as I dont want to tell you what you dont want to hear about BTNP Smiley Sad

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

bobfred
Beginner
Message 7 of 24

Well i will try to reinstall it then

0 Ratings
chemist_uk
Beginner
Message 8 of 24

BT have no idea how to deal with this, and every day the "release date" for a version compatible with Windows 8 gets put back a day.

I spent ages toay to get this..............

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13200/related/1

Windows 8 compatibility with BT products and services

BT NetProtect Plus
We've become aware of a problem for Windows 8 users when downloading BT NetProtect Plus on bt.com. When downloading you'll get a screen saying you have an incompatible operating system.

We're planning to fix this by Tuesday 30 October. Please check back here on Wednesday 31 October.

BT Family Protection
We've become aware of a problem for Windows 8 users when downloading BT Family Protection via on bt.com. When downloading you'll get a screen saying you have an incompatible operating system.

We're planning to fix this by Tuesday 30 October. Please check back here on Wednesday 31 October.

0 Ratings
chemist_uk
Beginner
Message 9 of 24

I then get a phone call outof the blue from BT.  Categorically stating it will be available on 1st Nov.

I won't hold my breath.  I'm wondering if it is actually any better than the FREE Microsoft Security Essentials?

Without Netprotect, my laptop now runs like lightning !!!

0 Ratings
chemist_uk
Beginner
Message 10 of 24

Also BT claimed that because Netprotect is an "opt in" download it is free!!

Then they claim because it doesn't appear on a billing statement it must be free!!

Option 2 customers do not have to pay for it, but Option 1 have to pay extra. So I'm assuming if I was an Option 1 customer they would be more interested in my problem!!
0 Ratings